Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2003 3:52:39 AM EDT
I have a RRA 24" Varminter on order. I need advice on floding front and rear sights and scope mounts. I would like solid detachable mounts. The scope will be either a Lupy 6x24 50 with a 30mm tube or a Tasco 10x42 SS with 30mm tube. Both are large scopes. However, I may wish to switch to a one inch tube latter so the availability of inserts is of concern. The primary use of this rig is varmint hunting, (prairie dogs and rock chucks) and long range targets. Thanks...the help I've received here has saved me time, money and frustration. I just became a Team member because of the quality of this board.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:00:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's a link to ARMS mounts, [url]http://www.armsmounts.com/list.html[/url], suspect you'll find a good detachable scope mount there, BTW what is  "[b]floding[/b]"? Are you refering to BUIS (back-up Irons Sights) and "folding" sights, if so see this thread....

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=152912&page=1[/url]
Shows different types of BUIS.....

Mike

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:01:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought my folding front and rear sights from Bushmaster.  They also have mini risers for the scope.  Yankee Hill Machine Shop makes them out of alloy for Bushmaster.  Good quality and price.

I don't know if the rear flip up will clear the bottom of your scope.  I'd get the scope first and then see what clearance you have.

Good luck.

[url]www.bushmaster.com[/url]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:03:57 AM EDT
[#3]
instead of using inserts with your rings why not just get new rings when you switch to a 1" scope?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:23:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. Sorry about the floding thing..it was a typo..I just washed my hands and can't do a thing with them.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top