Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2003 2:34:19 PM EDT
I'm a long-time iron sight shooter who is considering putting a Scout mount on my AR.  What kind of sighting device should I use?  I see lots of positive comments about the M2, but few comments from folks who use the C-More, which seems to me like it has great possibilities.  Anyone want to advise me why?
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I've used several C-Mores, including the Scout and the tactical models.  The C-More is incredibly fast, since the display is open all around the window and there is no tube or screen to look through.  In addition, the Scout is evne faster as it puts the dot damn close to the front sight, and both eyes open shooting is a snap.  From the sole standpoint of shooting, it is faster than any of the others, including the ballyhooed EoTech, which requires a more critical cheeek weld than the C-More.

The iron sights can co-wtiness on either model for backup, which is nice if you would like to set the C-More for a CQB 15M zero, and use the irons past 50M.

In other regards it is less desirable.  It uses friction ring zeroing, in pretty coarse movement, although they lock in place with set screws.  There are no reference marks on the zeroing screws, so it is all "eyeball" !  And durability is suspect, due to rather exposed lens and rheostat, plus light duty polymer housing.  The dot is usuable only to 200M, due to the imprecise nature of the brightness adjustment.

I have the Tactical model on an M4gery for a "house gun" and it is superb - - there's nothing faster and easier, especially for CQB, adn again especially in conjunction with a weaponlight.  But there's no hard campaigning with that rifle.

I have a Scout model on a Colt SP1 which I use for tactical competition, and again it is excellent out to a maximum of 200M.  But again, no particularly hard use.

I can recommend the C-More for CQB and tactical competition within 150M.  Some major LE agencies use them on their M4s and ARs.  But I wouldn't pick one for hard military use.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:51:03 PM EDT
[#2]
The C-more has the absolute worst windage/elivation controls in the world, and the most agrivating to zero. Don't even think about using it in the rain or a dew on the ground/and your lens morning, unless you like several red dots to choose from.
Good Shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#3]
What Jack said.  The Aimpoint is a MUCH better optic, surpassed only by the EOTech (IMHO).
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 1:17:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Ditto to 3rdtk and Spider (although I am not sure about Spider's being surpased by the Eotech).

Run away from the C-More
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top