Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2002 6:40:48 PM EDT
I've gone through about 4 pages reading every topic on scopes and the more I read, the more I'm confused...was looking for some advice.

Recently picked up a Bushmaster M4A2 16" carbine and quickly realized I needed a scope.

Most of my shooting will be at 100yds, some 50, some 200 - but 90% at 100yds.  No need for CQB as it won't be used for defense, the pistols fill that job quite well.

As vain as it sounds, of course looks are also important.  I'm thinking I want a variable scope, like 3-9x and medium price/quality.  Was looking at the ATN 3-9x55 as I can get one for a good price (mid 200's) but it is longer than I think I want.  I would think ideally for this rifle something 6-8" would 'fit' well, and the ATN is over 12" long.

Basically looking for something in the $2-300 range that isn't too long, and something that 'looks' like it belongs on this rifle (I know, probably shouldn't be my primary concern but this rifle is for target shooting and my own personal enjoyment).

Any help is greatly appreciated....
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 7:04:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's a good place to start looking [url]www.swfa.com[/url] for a good variable scope.

I would recommend a Leupold VX-II in 1-4X or 2-7X.
Good quality and optics without adding alot of weight.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 6:30:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I was out there for a few hours yesterday before I posted.  Some good info, but my scope knowledge is limited...trying to learn quickly though!
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 7:19:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Stay away from ATN if you like looks. They are cheap looking, blocky and bulky. And a little too heavy. Just plain UGLY!
I've done a little research on Leatherwood and they seem to be pretty good. Haven't actually looked through one but, if the military uses them sometimes then they have to be a little good.
http://www.leatherwoodoptics.com/
SWFA carries them.
The distinguished,ART2 or Sharpshooter seems to be the ones to look at.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top