Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2002 6:35:49 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative to the ACOG. I know you get what you pay for, but was curious if there is anything similar for less. Thanks.

Link Posted: 11/14/2002 7:43:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Similar in what way?  If you mean able to be dropped, kicked, submerged to hundreds of feet, and powered by a tritium reticle that works for years and years and BAC models powered off of fiber optics then no.

If you mean a compact, light weight scope then yes.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 8:46:25 AM EDT
[#2]
ACOG replaced SUIT, but was there that much improvement?
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 9:05:46 AM EDT
[#3]
If you want a fixed 4x scope, you can go with the Colt models, but I don't know if they can mount to anything but the carry handle.  How about the Compact ACOG.  Smaller, lighter, with lower magnifications (3x I think is the max) but the cool Amber triangle reticle.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 9:52:39 PM EDT
[#4]
SJ, haha, that was my answer too. The alternative to ACOGs are Compact ACOGs !
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 10:27:14 PM EDT
[#5]
What about an Elcan?

I love mine.

Oz
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 6:10:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Is the search feature back up? If so, try a search on Elcan. You will find that baout everyone thinks the glass is great, but those people who want/need an optic usable in field conditions hate the thing. The mounts and adjustments leave a heck of a lot to be desired. If it is a range gun, and a range gun ONLY, I'm sure the Elcan, or almost any other inexpensive optic would be fine. Otherwise... It sure is hard to beat the ACOGs.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 7:50:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
ACOG replaced SUIT, but was there that much improvement?

Oh HELL YES!  The optics are much better - they are much stronger - the ACOG (in all varients) is much lighter, more mounting options.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top