Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2002 4:27:17 PM EDT
I just got a set of Ashley Express sights for one of my M4 clones.

The rear sight is similar to the A2 sight, having a small precise aperture and a bigger ghost ring aperture. The AO sight is different in that both Apertures are on the same plane, so there is no change in elevation when changing from one aperture to the other. Both the small and large apertures are significantly bigger than the GI version too. the Ghost ring of the AO sight is HUGE. Another difference is the GI sight only has 80 clicks of windage correction built in. The AO sight has 90.

The AO front sight is a wide blade with a tritium dot which has a white outline. It's a much wider blade than the GI sight. I like the AO front tritium sight better than the Meprolight night sight which I have on another rifle. I have not tried Trijicons AR15 tritium front sight post.

The combo of the very large rear ghost ring and the wide front post should be very fast.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 8:45:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Ashley sights on fighting type guns are GREAT. I have a set of their express big dots on my carry gun. Very fast. Same goes for the AR. You will give up accuracy at longer ranges, but for close quarters, there is nothing faster. Awesome!
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 4:00:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Ashley sights on fighting type guns are GREAT. I have a set of their express big dots on my carry gun. Very fast. Same goes for the AR. You will give up accuracy at longer ranges, but for close quarters, there is nothing faster. Awesome!

After whitetail season is over, I am planning on installing the Ashley aperture and the 0.100 inch wide white front post. I "may" paint the front post fluorescent orange. I've done this on the MINI-14 post and find fluorescent orange to be very fast acquisition, especially with my age related fading eyesight.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top