Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2002 6:20:35 AM EDT
What's the better Aimpoint mount for use on the RAS II?  The GG&G or the KAC Low Profile.  Looking for pros and cons of each if there are any.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 6:42:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Aimpoint ring is two low, the Knight ring was intended for the HK G36/ SL8 RAS therefore it is to long and hangs over the edge of the RAS II.

Buy the GG&G

RAS II Withe AimPoint

You can see what I mean here... until Knight redesigns it go with the GG&G
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 10:41:57 AM EDT
[#2]
DBLTAP,

Thanks for the info.  What are some of the things you like about the GG&G mount?  I am replacing an ARMS 22M68 because I have no real need for the throw lever.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 10:48:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Pro. The GG&G mount has a spare battery compartment. The compartment cap gives you a spare battery cap for the aimpoint. The mount is fastened with a thumb knob. IIRC KAC mounts use a hex nut.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 10:50:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
DBLTAP,

Thanks for the info.  What are some of the things you like about the GG&G mount?  I am replacing an ARMS 22M68 because I have no real need for the throw lever.

Thanks,

It holds a spare battery with the same battery cap from the Aimpoint so I guess if you lost you're aimpoint cap you could replace it with the one from the GG&G mount, its a solid set up and fits perfect...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top