Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2002 8:27:28 AM EDT

I'm considering buying a reflexII w/ 12.5 moa triangle and would appreciate any help or input about this site. Any comments,suggestions? I'm tired of waiting for the tripower.

Thanks,
  Title24u
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 9:05:11 AM EDT
[#1]
If you were to hit the search button and enter Reflex, I am sure you will find there is no shortage of opinions and posts concerning the advantages and disadvantages of the optic. Remember to make sure and set the search feature to go back a few months for the most reading.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 11:39:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 10:13:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I have considered a c-more, owned an Aimpoint, but settled on the sight that you are inquiring about. Once zeroed in, I belive that using the tip of the triangle is the way to go. I used this sight at the two day rifle course at Front Sight in NV., and was surprised at how well it did from 200yds. and in. 200 is stretching it, for this sight, but I made  hit on a man sized target at 310yds. under pressure, and again was surprised. The triangle remained very visible in all outdoor light conditions. A major drawback is looking outside from inside a home with this sight. The triangle washes out, and you would have to switch to irons. Every sight has at least one negative. I'll live with this one.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 7:47:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
. 200 is stretching it, for this sight, but I made  hit on a man sized target at 310yds. under pressure.

You need to get your eyes checked then .  With the 6.5moa Dot Reflex I consistantly get hits on man sized targets to 300M, do OK at 400M and have gotten hits at 450M.

I've used Fight4YourRights's 12 MOA triangle and I found hits on 400M man sized target to be easy.  Hardest part is seeing the target.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 7:48:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If you were to hit the search button and enter Reflex,

Neil,
FYI the Search feature is currently offline - Goatboy is working on it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 7:57:08 AM EDT
[#6]
oops! My bad.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 12:08:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I have had the Reflex, Aimpoint and Eotech, and I like the Reflex least.  It is a good recticle and the ARMS mount is nice, but the sight picture is too dark and the recticle washes out.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top