Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2002 8:05:31 AM EDT
Looking for info regarding the back up iron sites on top of the Trijicon ACOG TA01NSN, specifically how well they work, to what range they are suited, etc.  Will they suffice in an emergency situation, or should I invest in some pop-up sites?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 8:54:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Talk to anybody who has the NSN model (like myself), and you'll immediately see the need for backup iron sights, like the ARMS#40.  The rear aperature becomes non-existant when you put it up to your eye, so the front has nothing to really align with.  At the least, they could have put up a set of Trijicon pistol sights that would have worked much better.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 9:35:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Agreed, they do work and are better than nothing... but not by much. I would guess the sight radius between the rear ring and the front post is smaller than most sub-compact pistols. They work marginally out to about 25 meters. Past that your going to need a bit of luck. In addition, most any NSN I have seen has needed to have the front sight drifted a little to zero it. I cant remember which way though!
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#3]
they are best drifted off

if you want a CQB aid add the Dr Optik where the ghostring was

and get a BUIS as well.

Link Posted: 9/5/2002 11:07:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the reply, but what is Dr Optik and what is a BUIS ?
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#5]
buis= Back Up Iron Sight
dr optic, see- www.arizonagunrunners.com/Products/doctoroptics/doctorsight/doctorsight.html

get a tao1 and you'll save a couple of hundred bucks or so for your rdbus- or Red Dot Back Up Sight. so dubbed by canadian tactical, i believe.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=95378&w=searchPop
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=111048&w=searchPop

Link Posted: 9/5/2002 1:06:40 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks PBR you beat me to it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 1:47:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm still waiting for gj or anyone else to help me out with a mount for my TA01NSN and Optima.  Can anybody help me out?  Gj seems to have dropped off of the planet.  Thanks.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 3:58:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
thanks PBR you beat me to it.

my pleasure :o)
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm still waiting for gj or anyone else to help me out with a mount for my TA01NSN and Optima.  Can anybody help me out?  Gj seems to have dropped off of the planet.  Thanks.  Watch-Six

Watch - dunno - I have been trying to reach GJ for about 2 months now - Victor, said he has gone on electronic silence, as he tried to reach him as well (on behalf of us).

Inkabee, had made his own mount for the NSN - using bedding compound - and it looks very sweet as well.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top