Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/22/2021 6:45:14 PM EDT
Anyone look at the 2021 catalogue yet?
Primary Arms 2021

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:14:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll buy one if it's truly daylight bright @1x.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:39:02 PM EDT
[#2]
It's the GLx line, so it has some of the nicer features than the other PA lpvo's. That said, one of the reasons I like their 1-8x is that it's only 17.8oz. This new 1-10x is 23.3oz. I imagine the glass is a lot better in the GLx as well, though. I saw they are also releasing a GLx 1-6x that would carry those improvements over their other 1-6x options.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:11:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I got one of their 2-10 GLx scopes. Good glass, I like the larger objective lens at 44 mm, compared to the 24mm of all the 1-10 scopes.

ETA: looking at the reticle I don’t like it. I like the chevron on the Raptor reticle of my 2-10. The Chevron is day light bright on 9/10.

I got a PA 1-6 KISS scope on close out for $150. It is one of my favorite budget scopes. I wish on the 1-10 used a KISS reticle.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:12:15 PM EDT
[#4]
People who complain about daylight brightness on etched reticle ffp scopes, need training and classes... change my mind
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:38:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got one of their 2-10 GLx scopes. Good glass, I like the larger objective lens at 44 mm, compared to the 24mm of all the 1-10 scopes.

ETA: looking at the reticle I don’t like it. I like the chevron on the Raptor reticle of my 2-10. The Chevron is day light bright on 9/10.

I got a PA 1-6 KISS scope on close out for $150. It is one of my favorite budget scopes. I wish on the 1-10 used a KISS reticle.
View Quote

I love the concept and design on the KISS reticle. Even more so in the x39/300bo reticle. Just one large chevron and a few holds with ranging. Just a simplified presentation. Sometimes I don’t need all the data or details ... just some stadia, ranging and a chevron. I would love to see the KISS reticle in future GLx LPVO options ... demand will dictate this but I feel confident we’ll see that in the future
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:44:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

ETA: looking at the reticle I don't like it. I like the chevron on the Raptor reticle of my 2-10. The Chevron is day light bright on 9/10.

View Quote
Lol that big chevron reticle on a 1-10?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:46:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Was gonna go 1-6 glx. Now I'm going 1-10 for my AR10 screw it
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:57:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:13:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
People who complain about daylight brightness on etched reticle ffp scopes, need training and classes... change my mind
View Quote

This. It’s like complaining that your iron sights aren’t daylight bright.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:24:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I love the concept and design on the KISS reticle. Even more so in the x39/300bo reticle. Just one large chevron and a few holds with ranging. Just a simplified presentation. Sometimes I don’t need all the data or details ... just some stadia, ranging and a chevron. I would love to see the KISS reticle in future GLx LPVO options ... demand will dictate this but I feel confident we’ll see that in the future
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look for a R Grid, discontinued in the GLx. I have one on my Grendel, love it. I have never cared for overly complicated reticles. I prefer good turrets and dialing my scope in.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:23:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

People who don’t understand the value of daylight visible illumination on a LPVO aren’t running their gear hard and fast.

Change my mind.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:39:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

People who don’t understand the value of daylight visible illumination on a LPVO aren’t running their gear hard and fast.

Change my mind.
View Quote

People who are constantly talking about running their gear "hard and fast" can neither run fast or get hard

Change my mind.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:16:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

People who are constantly talking about running their gear "hard and fast" can neither run fast or get hard

Change my mind.
View Quote

Da-dum, pshhhhhh
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:18:08 AM EDT
[#14]
If you think a 1-10 FFP will be as good on 1X without daylight bright illumination, you should probably stop posting and go back to the drawing board.

This does have claimed daylight bright illumination though, so bravo to PA.

ETA: The only people who say daylight bright illumination isn't important are the people who have the least (or no) trigger time behind it. Don't change my mind because you can't.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:18:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This. It’s like complaining that your iron sights aren’t daylight bright.

Your minds may very well be made up, but this isn't a private conversation....

Daylight brightness is less important for a mid-higher power FFP scope, because their purpose has less of an emphasis on raw speed. This thread isn't about those scopes, though.

For LPVOs, your argument would be stronger with physical/wire SFP reticles since they are almost universally larger or more bold from 1-x power. But, you would still be wrong. There are reasons why the LPVOs most popular with professionals/competitors of all kinds have daylight bright reticles. It isn't some arbitrary feature to cost more. Daylight brightness exists for the same reason LED or holographic optics exist.

Training and classes aren't going to change that. My instructors have included a green beret, Marine, and Ranger. I've completed speed-oriented timed drills in front of an entire class without my LPVO illuminated because I forgot to turn it on. Yes, it worked, and I completed the drill with a respectable time, but it was also under ideal lighting conditions. Illuminated is better every time.

I guarantee you aren't so special in shooting prowess that you have transcended any advantage to having a daylight bright reticle on 1x.

ETA: I'm looking forward to the reviews of this scope, hats off to PA for pushing forward and attacking this part of the market.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:20:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Change my mind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Change my mind.

Change my mind.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:36:15 AM EDT
[#17]

I know a few people who have won competitions with less quality than the SLX line.

Gear doesn't mean much if you don't know how to run it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:42:37 AM EDT
[#18]
If not made in China, I would be interested.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:53:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If not made in China, I would be interested.
View Quote

Most if not all the GLx optics are made in the Philippines.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:00:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yawn..

It's good to have options, what's the downside to a daylight bright etched reticle?

My 1-10 Razor is much easier to Pick up @1x with the brightness cranked up on a sunny day in the desert.

Training or no training there is literally no negative.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:20:51 AM EDT
[#21]
But is it made in China?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:21:45 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm not really a fan of FFP in a LPVO

I am also doubting the description of "day light bright". There is visible in day light and nuclear, Aimpoint bright in daylight.

Cost?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:12:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
But is it made in China?
View Quote

I Doubt it’s chynesium... all of the GLx variable optics are made in Phil... All PLx made in Japan.

Yes I’d also love to know prices
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:15:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
I would think it would be most required for FFP? The reticle gets tiny. Why do you think it isn't needed on a FFP?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:29:18 PM EDT
[#25]
A LPVO that is NOT daylight bright is like an All weather scope that can't get wet.

The Whole POINT behind a LPVO is to have the charaterisitics of a red dot on 1X....

Name one 1X red dot that is NOT daylight bright?? I'll wait.

Everyone wants to play in the LPVO space and they all fall back on the same tired (it's an etched reticle argument) which is Optic speak for "It's not daylight bright"

If I can't use a LPVO like a Aimpoint, then it's just another scope with a cross hair.
Scope makers know what daylight bright is.... They just have to decide how important it is to there bottom like profit margin when building them.
And it's apparent that they tapped into a market where they can skimp on it and still sell them.

As the majority of shooters don't care and will buy them regardless. Luckily there are iptions for those of us who do.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:42:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Looks like a swampfox arrowhead copy. Swampfox looks like a PA copy

Good scope.

View Quote

Fixed it for you... Would be hard to copy a design that PA originated before Swampfox as you know it today

The GLx line of optics actually came about while Mike was still at PA and announced at shot 2019 (he left shortly there after shot 2019)
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#27]
If Im well trained and have a daylight bright reticle, is that allowed?

(Excited to buy this)
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:36:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Regarding the scope, not for me. I'd rather get a 2-10x40something.

Quoted:
View Quote

I'm going to go against the grain and believe this means you are actually for daylight brightness as it's worded ambiguous enough to be interpreted that way and therefore perfect bait.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:54:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Daylight bright on FFP scopes is most important, because on 1x the reticle is supposed to function like a red dot.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:42:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:48:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:49:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:00:53 PM EDT
[#33]
30mm or 34mm tube?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:33:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Change my mind.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:59:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Japan
View Quote

Interested , MSRP? Retail price?

When do you expect these to be out?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:59:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
30mm or 34mm tube?
View Quote

24mm.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:02:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

24mm.
View Quote

That's the objective size.

He's asking about the tube size. You know, the part where the rings go around.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:09:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

24mm.

Fair enough, it's late, my bad.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:34:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

24mm.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:41:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Japan
View Quote

So I'm assuming it's made by JOL and related to the new Brownells MPO design. I like yours better so if it's in the same price ballpark as the MPO you'll have a winner.  

I have several JOL LPVO's from Crimson Trace and they are excellent at the current closeout prices. Crimson Trace made the mistake of trying to market theirs at too high of an MSRP. In the $600-$800 segment they are an excellent buy. So if you are hitting that price segment out of the gate, well good for PA.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:53:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
A LPVO that is NOT daylight bright is like an All weather scope that can't get wet.

The Whole POINT behind a LPVO is to have the charaterisitics of a red dot on 1X....

Name one 1X red dot that is NOT daylight bright?? I'll wait.

Everyone wants to play in the LPVO space and they all fall back on the same tired (it's an etched reticle argument) which is Optic speak for "It's not daylight bright"

If I can't use a LPVO like a Aimpoint, then it's just another scope with a cross hair.
Scope makers know what daylight bright is.... They just have to decide how important it is to there bottom like profit margin when building them.
And it's apparent that they tapped into a market where they can skimp on it and still sell them.

As the majority of shooters don't care and will buy them regardless. Luckily there are iptions for those of us who do.
View Quote

Run the LPVO fixed at 4x with an offset rmr ot t2. The variable is a bonus if you need to dial it up. The red dot is primary
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:59:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Eye relief / eye box?
Field of view @ 1X/10X?
Price?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:03:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Run the LPVO fixed at 4x with an offset rmr ot t2. The variable is a bonus if you need to dial it up. The red dot is primary
View Quote

But then the question becomes why not get a 2-10 and have a much better eyebox and maybe adjustable parallax? Or maybe get an Acog and shave a 1lb off your setup.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:12:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Eye relief / eye box?
Field of view @ 1X/10X?
Price?
View Quote

I hot linked the brochure in the OP? No price details yet
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:35:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I hot linked the brochure in the OP? No price details yet
View Quote
You hotlinked a social media affiliate link on the OP. That breaks rule #729 of the "Rigian's rules for clicking links" handbook.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:39:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Japan
View Quote
Is there a link to the catalog?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:19:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

But then the question becomes why not get a 2-10 and have a much better eyebox and maybe adjustable parallax? Or maybe get an Acog and shave a 1lb off your setup.
View Quote

Exactly

The whole point is to have it all in one.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:21:59 AM EDT
[#48]
FFP on a 1-10?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:36:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
FFP on a 1-10?
View Quote

For BDC purposes FFP makes more sense on a 1-10.

The ACSS is all about having a do all reticle. I'll be controversial and say 1-10 LPVO's absolutely blow at 10X, and that would be the only magnification the ACSS would be fully functional at if it were SFP. Now it works at all magnification levels, with the added benefit of daylight brightness for low magnification speed.

I think they have a real winner here. I'm still holding out for an ultra light daylight bright 1-4 though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
You hotlinked a social media affiliate link on the OP. That breaks rule #729 of the "Rigian's rules for clicking links" handbook.
View Quote

This is what I hot linked - the 2021 PA Catalogue:
Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top