Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/27/2007 6:02:00 PM EDT
The Big Brown Truck dropped off my TA11B today!  I'm floored!

I'd never had a chance to look through an ACOG before, so the anticipation was crazy.  It definitely met my expectations!!  The two-eye BAC method is absolutely wicked and seems super fast.  I can use it just like a red dot, no problem.  I can't believe how perfect the brightness/contrast of the reticle stays through various lighting levels.  I keep reaching up to turn it off after I play with it, only to remember theres no batteries or switches to worry about! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/unlrn/etc/ta11b.jpg

Better pics tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll get some worthwhile reticle shots.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:38:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Good looking rifle and scope! Question: the front sight bridge looks like it is directly in the way of the ACOG. Doesn't it block your view? I've only seen a few ACOGs but they were all mounted on flattops with not front bridge sight.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:57:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually, you can't see the front sight at all.  If you pull your face away from the scope a ways, you can start to see the FSB, but you have to try pretty hard to see it.  No possibility of it being a distraction.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:09:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Wait until you find your first one on the EE for $500, then you'll really do the happy dance. (Ask me how I know)

There really is no comparison to other scopes in the dark.

So did you notice the scripture printed on the side yet?
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 5:41:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I've heard about the scripture... but where is it?? I don't think mine has it.  I've looked it over very carefully.  Perhaps its only on the 4x models...

ETA: Found it.  Didn't realize it was just the code for the verse.  Mine is MT5:16

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 8:17:44 AM EDT
[#6]
you run x3.5 and up FSB not an issue-even with a 16" carbine
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 8:54:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Correct. 3.5x and the FSB is not a problem at all.  16" midlength carbine.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 9:30:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm running a 4x on a 20' flattop and the fsb is a minor issue.  More of an excuse really to get a low pro gas block.

That reticle is bad ass.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top