Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 12:37:05 PM EDT
I just bought a DPMS 308-LR 16" barrel model. I have an EOTECH on it now, and it's ok, but I am wondering what would be better? Is there a way to mount some optics with a BUIS set-up? Maybe an ACOG? I need some ideas and suggestions, I am not very well educated in the area of combat optics. I'd like to be able to shoot close quarters out to 100 yards+
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:47:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:39:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
How about an Aimpoint M3 with a 2 moa dot and a 3x Magnifier on a Quick Flip mount?  It would look like this:

www.talonarms.com/talonarms/includes/templates/talonarms_template/images/logo.gif

We have package deals available on these so shoot us an email if you would like a price.

1) Do you have to have a forearm with a rail to use that set-up or will it all mount on the upper?

2) Do you have someting that will work with a PVS-14?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:56:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:46:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm almost in the same boat as you are except I sold my DPMS 24 inch stainless steal barrel and upper receiver to fund money for another project. I wish I only sold the barrel because now I would like to make a 16 inch close quarter’s combat rifle and I’m unable to find anyone that has a DPMS flat top receiver for sale. The only thing I didn’t care for with the 308 DPMS style rifle is that it’s hard to find a free float rail for them without spending $400.00 bucks or more. SWS makes a lot of nice rails for them, but their, to expensive for me. Do you know any 2 piece forearm’s that would work really well, that are pretty inexpensive?

I like the Eotech set-up with a BUIS, with the 3x mag.

Lots of luck with your rifle.

From,
Joe….
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top