Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/24/2006 9:41:56 AM EDT
Anybody got a recommendation on spotting scopes/kits for hopefully not alot more than 5 Franklins?

I am currently leaning towards Leupold or Nikon, but have an open mind as I don't have tremendous experience with this particular type of optic.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:08:20 AM EDT
[#1]
All the scope you will probably ever need.

Works great for me.  Of course I don't shoot much over 600 yards.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:23:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought the Nikon 20-60X80 from Adorama.com for $434.  I was going to write a review of this scope but I got called away urgently and did not have time to do that.  I did take it to the range this past Saturday, and I got to play with it quite a bit.  I am extremely pleased with my acquisition.

I did use it at the HP match the week before for 200,300 and 600 yards and it worked great.

I intend to get the other eyepieces as soon as I get a chance.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:05:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I've heard a lot of bad things about those Winny scopes, of course that's just hearsay.  

You have no problem seeing .223 holes at 2-300 yards?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:33:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've heard a lot of bad things about those Winny scopes, of course that's just hearsay.  

You have no problem seeing .223 holes at 2-300 yards?

I normally use it at 100 yrds and have no problems seeing the .223 holes.  At 1000 yrds it is supposed to be like being 18 ft away.  I don't know if it actually performs that well or not.  I would say not.  For the money...you can't beat it.  I will say it's very clear at 100 yrds.  I've used it before at 600 yards but I wasn't using a .223.  I could see the holes just fine at that range.  Try it and see.  If you don't like it...throw it back on eBay and make 90% of your money back.  I find no reason to spend $500 on a spotting scope.  Hope that helps.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top