BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 21
Posted: 7/2/2018 1:09:36 AM EDT
New Okay E2 Mags?  Anyone Seen them or tried them?   I have seen new Okay GI Aluminum mags that have textured sides (little dimples) new feed lips and a new blue follower.  Botach has them in stock at same price as standard Okay GI mags.  They also come in the same grey, black or desert colors.  I really like the look of them except for they have "Surefeed" embossed on the side in a fairly large font.  That looks a little pretentious and commercially to me.  That being said IMO Okay makes the best AR mags bar none.  I want to purchase a new set of black and a few desert mags but not sure about the E2 or if I should go the tried and true standard Okay Surefeed.  If you have not seen them check Botachs site they have some really good pics.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 8:32:49 AM EDT
[#1]
They offered to give me some last year to demo before they were released.

I declined because they were ugly.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 9:41:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I want to try the E2 mags but have yet to see any for sale.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 11:08:37 AM EDT
[#3]
botach has them coming into stock this week. They started shipping last week.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 2:44:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve handled a sample, but I haven’t had a chance to shoot it. I agree about the Surefeed lettering - I think it would have been better just to add more of the same texturing - but the new texture does feel pretty good and helps with gripping the magazine. The Teflon-coated mags can feel a little slippery otherwise. If the E2s are more expensive (other than at Botach), I would recommend just buying standard Okays since they work so well. However, if you can get either for the same price, like Botach is listing, I would go for the textured E2, myself.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 5:49:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like Botach has them listed at the same price, but they lowered their quantity discount for all mags.  Used to be $10 each for 10+ mags, now it's more, even for the old gen mags.

The E2 in grey dry film teflon appear to be in stock!
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 6:26:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the main reason that you would want the new Okay Industries E2 magazines is if you are planning on shooting M855A1 ammunition.

They have a redesigned feed lip geometry optimized for M855A1. But they have also redesigned the feedlips so it takes less effort for the carrier group to strip a round from the magazine and they list improved reliability which I don’t know how that could be possible due to their track record of OUTSTANDING reliability of the prior magazines.

If you shoot primarily other ammunition the standard Okay Industries SureFEED should serve you fine. I primarily shoot M193 and have more of the regular Okay Industries magazines than I want to admit.  

That being said, the new E2 mags are NICE!!!! I prefer the Black Teflon version and I REALLY LIKE the texturing on the body. And being that I’m an unabashed Fanboi, I even like the name/logo stamped on the side.
View Quote
Ok I would take that as a ringing endorsement!  I'm going to get mostly black with a half dozen or so in desert.  I don't plan on shooting M855A1 but I'm wondering if the new feed lips will actually speed up the cycle time a bit.  I'm building a Socom with a Franklin BFS trigger.  It seems like the feed lips might help a bit in that department if the rounds strip off easier the bolt is going to find it's way home a little quicker.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Any FDE’s in stock?  Haven’t seen any yet.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 12:03:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I Ordered 10 Black Teflon on monday and already recieved a email saying the have been picked up by Fedex but no tracking number yet, but it only tuesday night.
We will see. The last order 1 month ago was ordered and delivered within 7 days. Also for 10 of the older ones.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 8:15:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Any FDE’s in stock?  Haven’t seen any yet.
View Quote
they haven't been in stock since the inception. I think it's just a placeholder right now.  I just ordered 10 of the black teflon ones to try out.

Botach has 10 for $100 right now, so they're actually cheaper than the regular ones lol. I would have liked the Desert Tan, but I can live with the black
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 6:29:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Hows everyone liking the E2s?

Better then the old ones?
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 3:52:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hows everyone liking the E2s?

Better then the old ones?
View Quote
I'll let you know when I get em. They're on the truck for delivering tomorrow or monday
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 1:01:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I think the main reason that you would want the new Okay Industries E2 magazines is if you are planning on shooting M855A1 ammunition.

They have a redesigned feed lip geometry optimized for M855A1. But they have also redesigned the feedlips so it takes less effort for the carrier group to strip a round from the magazine and they list improved reliability which I don’t know how that could be possible due to their track record of OUTSTANDING reliability of the prior magazines.

If you shoot primarily other ammunition the standard Okay Industries SureFEED should serve you fine. I primarily shoot M193 and have more of the regular Okay Industries magazines than I want to admit.  

That being said, the new E2 mags are NICE!!!! I prefer the Black Teflon version and I REALLY LIKE the texturing on the body. And being that I’m an unabashed Fanboi, I even like the name/logo stamped on the side.
View Quote
Shipment just arrived w/ black E2s.
Ditto on everything Persuit said!!
Love the tactile feel and grip on the body!!
I cannot get the follower to vary [tilt]  forward and down to the front by any degree with my index finger while intentionally trying to do so!!  Will need to evaluate them with Wolf 55 grain steel case next week.  
My initial impression [pre-usage] is:  Happy, happy, happy!!
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 5:31:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Shipment just arrived w/ black E2s.
Ditto on everything Persuit said!!
Love the tactile feel and grip on the body!!
I cannot get the follower to vary [tilt]  forward and down to the front by any degree with my index finger while intentionally trying to do so!!  Will need to evaluate them with Wolf 55 grain steel case next week.  
My initial impression [pre-usage] is:  Happy, happy, happy!!
View Quote
Ditto. I really like the texture on them. So far they feel good. Haven't shot them yet, but the new follower seems nice
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 2:04:48 PM EDT
[#15]
10 Grey ones on the way!
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 1:23:20 PM EDT
[#16]
OKAY email said they the Tan would be out first week of August.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought one to evaluate and it arrived last week.  I disassembled it to find that it has almost the exact same follower and spring system as the tan follower USGI magazines.  It has the same wider (front to back) spring vs. the skinny springs in old USGI mags, and most of the new polymer mag types.  The follower is almost the exact same shape and has the same attachment as the tan follower mags as well.

Not a fan of the giant branding on the side, or the bumps / stippling, but the improved springs and followers are much better and it's nice to be able to purchase these new on the market.  These are the same springs that Hendersondefense had outlast all the other AR15 pattern mags they've tried there.

Great stuff!
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 12:42:26 PM EDT
[#18]
The tan e2 mags are in stock at Botach. Got 10 on the way
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 3:34:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The tan e2 mags are in stock at Botach. Got 10 on the way
View Quote
oh hell. I might have to sell some mags to fund those. I have a couple FDE builds going on and the Desert Tan mags look AWESOME with them. Might have to grab 10 of them since the Tan ones are so hard to come buy in comparion
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 5:43:56 AM EDT
[#20]
about all i use is OKAY mags. looking forward to trying these out.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 8:42:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
about all i use is OKAY mags. looking forward to trying these out.
View Quote
Same here. I have some original pmags and some PSA mags, as well as some surplus colt mags. But all I’ve bought In the last few years have been Okays. I see no reason to change.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 3:26:35 AM EDT
[#22]
picked up 10 of the Desert tan to go along with the 10 black Teflon E2 mags.... more mags is never a bad thing
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 9:48:55 PM EDT
[#23]
How are they working for you guys?

still trying to decide if I wanna go E2 or stick with the plain
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 6:53:50 AM EDT
[#24]
I bought some and received them only yesterday. Initial observations: rounds do feed with less friction, and the nose of the bullet points slightly higher than the old mags. Further, the feeding round points closer toward the center of the chamber due to the feed lips now having an angled cut. All these things favor more reliable feeding. The bump patterns do make it grippier but these are still slipperier in the hand than Pmags. I haven't put enough rounds through to know if they're any more reliable, or if they cause malfunctions, but I don't regret the purchase yet.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 4:16:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Mine came in today (E2's) in Desert Tan. Loading now will try and run them this weekend. Ugly but bumps help hold on to them. Agree with above statement about the shells laying different inside the Mag.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#26]
I personally like slick, smooth-sided mags that pull easily from a double mag pouch.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 3:34:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
How are they working for you guys?

still trying to decide if I wanna go E2 or stick with the plain
View Quote
I've never had a problem with the original mags and don't shoot M855A1 and/or full auto so I'm staying with the original.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 3:31:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I've never had a problem with the original mags and don't shoot M855A1 and/or full auto so I'm staying with the original.
View Quote
Sure but the e2s are actually cheaper then buying the originals.  So when buying new mags might as well just grab the e2s
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 5:26:43 PM EDT
[#30]
FWIW those are Only that price for the mil spec grey coating.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 1:20:39 AM EDT
[#31]
E2's g2g?

Anyone test them yet? How well do they function?
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 9:04:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 11:27:44 PM EDT
[#33]
I bought some Okays from them and they were at my door three days later.  One and only experience with 'em.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 2:38:57 PM EDT
[#34]
While I don't have any E2s (yet), Ableammo is GTG in my experience.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm in because I'm curious about the new E2s also like the OP.  Who has actually used them and is the juice worth the squeeze, are they really that much better than the standard Surefeeds?  I'm really interested in the dry lube film  mags myself.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 5:30:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Got 20 on the way, at $10 a piece with free shipping, kind of hard to pass up.  These will be my first non-pmag magazines.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I bought some Okays from them and they were at my door three days later.  One and only experience with 'em.
View Quote
Cool, thanks for the feedback. Going to grab ten of them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 11:26:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Just pulled the trigger on 10 ordered the blk Teflon coated   mags.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 3:45:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Got half of my E2 mags in yesterday, expecting another 10 by saturday.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Just got all 10 in. Not sure what it was but like a rust looking spot "small area" on the mags, wiped all the mags down with a almost nothing coat of clp. Not sure what is was. Did anybody else see what Im talking about with the mags yous got?

These feel real good the "stippling " for extra grip feels good.
Date code is 2 18.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 8:05:47 PM EDT
[#41]
My new E2,s cycle and function just fine, BUT so do my Nam era mags.
Only time and use will let us know if the new design feed-lips are an improvement over tried n true.
I do like how the last round is stacked on the "other side"...must be easier to insert on a closed bolt but
have not tried that yet.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 4:01:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Just got all 10 in. Not sure what it was but like a rust looking spot "small area" on the mags, wiped all the mags down with a almost nothing coat of clp. Not sure what is was. Did anybody else see what Im talking about with the mags yous got?

These feel real good the "stippling " for extra grip feels good.
Date code is 2 18.
View Quote
It is orange residue front the backer card that comes in the bag. Aluminum can't rust, just wipe it off and you are gtg.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 12:12:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Double
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 12:13:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Same.

And the originals are .50 cheaper per mag everywhere I look.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 12:30:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Could someone post a photo of the new E2 follower? One of the Okay ads shows some variations (like they used pre-production followers for the ad). I have two E2 samples, which look different from the ad, and I’m just curious to see if the production follower is any different. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 11:29:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 1:35:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Could someone post a photo of the new E2 follower? One of the Okay ads shows some variations (like they used pre-production followers for the ad). I have two E2 samples, which look different from the ad, and I’m just curious to see if the production follower is any different. Thanks!
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2018 2:17:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Thanks for the photos! Looks like it’s the same as the sample I have.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 2:30:50 PM EDT
[#49]
E2's have been fantastic.

Slowly riding the bolt home and looking at the angle the round chambers at, seems like an improvement. About the same as the M3 pmags.
The rounds are stacked opposite as the were before, follower seems good.
Personally I felt the were harder to insert on a closed bolt than the original surefeeds, but that could be a function of the spring.
I don't notice much difference with the texture vs smooth, if anything its marginal.

I pretty much only use surefeeds, and these ones are better.

Might as well buy these if you are buying new mags, they are quality for sure.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Got a single tan to try out, love the feel of them along with the slightly more curved geometry compared to lancers/pmags. Gonna be buying more of these thats for sure, haven't had a chance to shoot with it yet. Will this weekend
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 21
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top