Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2017 2:16:13 PM EDT
Just before the last mag ban, I bought a bunch of magazines from Forrest Co. They have steel bodies and if you google them they get a bad rap on AR15.
This said, they are pre-ban. Can I sell them to people in states that only accept pre-ban mags? What are they worth?
Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 3:06:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes

Sell them where legal to do so.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 10:28:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Can someone explain this idea a little better for an old fart who doesn't pay attention to a lot of these ban issues? I live in a free state (Virginia) and have around six older 30-round magazines I used to run in my M16A2. I don't use them, kept them in case I had to protect the neighborhood from the chicoms. Now I have pmags to run in my Colt and Ruger AR's and could sell them according to this post? They are used and no name brands like Cooper and Adventure but work just fine. So those poor California folk can buy these as pre-ban and use em?
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 11:52:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
 So those poor California folk can buy these as pre-ban and use em?
View Quote
No, they are not legal for Subjects of the republic of Californiastan.
The only State I am aware of that Pre-Ban means anything anymore regarding magazines is Massachusetts.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 11:59:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The only State I am aware of that Pre-Ban means anything anymore regarding magazines is Massachusetts.
View Quote
I thing if disassembled, shipped separate as parts.  Maybe the law changed.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 3:36:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Illegal in CA for over 3 years.

Edit to add more information on CA regarding standard capacity magazines.
CA banned purchase/future import of pre 94 standard capacity magazines in 2000, they allowed their Subjects to keep already owned Pre-Ban magazines with a Grandfather clause.
"Parts kits/repair kits" (disassembled standard capacity magazines) were legal for CA Subjects, they could own new magazines as long as they were not assembled/used in CA.
CA passed a law that does away with the 2000 Grandfather clause for Pre-Ban standard capacity magazines, "Parts kits/repair kits" making any magazine over 10 rounds illegal.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 7:58:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Illegal in CA for over 3 years.

Edit to add more information on CA regarding standard capacity magazines.
CA banned purchase/future import of pre 94 standard capacity magazines in 2000, they allowed their Subjects to keep already owned Pre-Ban magazines with a Grandfather clause.
"Parts kits/repair kits" (disassembled standard capacity magazines) were legal for CA Subjects, they could own new magazines as long as they were not assembled/used in CA.
CA passed a law that does away with the 2000 Grandfather clause for Pre-Ban standard capacity magazines, "Parts kits/repair kits" making any magazine over 10 rounds illegal.
View Quote
Yup, pretty much anything involving selling, shipping, receiving buying, etc. for parts is a misdemeanor, anything involving assembling mags or assembled mags is felony. General speaking of course, CA gun laws are a spider web so complex to screws people over on purpose
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:27:24 AM EDT
[#7]
How do they know if someone has a grandfathered magazine or if they purchased it more recently?
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 4:10:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How do they know if someone has a grandfathered magazine or if they purchased it more recently?
View Quote
Got a dated receipt?
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 3:43:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you were 18 or older in 2000 and resided in the state since then, they wouldn't know.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top