Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/5/2015 10:31:16 PM EDT
I went and checked out this surplus store in town today and they had a few used AR USGI mags for $12.99 each, i bought 4 of the Okay industries and they had 4 Adventure line(sp?) and 2 cooper industries(sp?)left, anyone know if the Adventure line and cooper ind. mags are worth the price? All of them had the black followers.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:37:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I went and checked out this surplus store in town today and they had a few used AR USGI mags for $12.99 each, i bought 4 of the Okay industries and they had 4 Adventure line(sp?) and 2 cooper industries(sp?)left, anyone know if the Adventure line and cooper ind. mags are worth the price? All of them had the black followers.
View Quote

Being local, not a horrible price.

You should be able to find new to as new G.I. Mags on the EE for under $10.00
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:46:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, i've seen a few good deals on the EE, this was just a spur of the moment purchase lol. Just didn't know if Adventure or cooper mags was garbage or not.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:00:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Adventure Line are good to go. Some Cooper mags have issues though, such as missing spot welds or being formed out of square so that they won't insert in a mag well.  I used to have a ton of Cooper mags but only found a few that were out of square.  Because of Cooper's issues, the military cancelled their contract and a lot of the mags ended up on the market so it is wise to inspect them before buying.

Edit to add Adventure Line made both 20 and 30 round mags but Cooper only made 30's.  The Adventure Line 20 round mags were also good mags just as good as Colt's in my experience.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:14:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Never mind
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:37:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Don’t know about Cooper, but I never had any problems with Adventure Line mags.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:40:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I've always had great luck with any good-condition Adventure Line magazine, whether the original USGI 20rd mag or the later 30rd magazines.  They've always been completely reliable for me over the years, even with the dreaded "black"-follower in the 30rd mags.  I especially like Adventure Line 20rd magazines, excellent and very reliable magazines.  The finish is especially durable compared to what the other USGI manufactures' seem to use at the time.

To the OP, Brand New D&H magazines can be found for around $8.00 per magazine from either PSA or Widener's these days.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 5:01:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Adventure Line (stupid name) and Okay's are both great magazines. Don't think I've ever used a Cooper.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:36:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info guys. I bought 2 of the D&H magazines to test out.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:20:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
BTW, Cooper again has a current U.S. Military contract.
View Quote
 Cooper Ind who turned out defective USGI mags 40 years ago?  Source?
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
BTW, Cooper again has a current U.S. Military contract.

Total Brain Fart!!!

It's Center who has the new contract, NOT Cooper
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#11]
You had Googling Cooper mags
I've heard some issues with Center but all of mine are just fine. Fyi, I did replace all followers with Magpul.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 3:42:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info guys. I bought 2 of the D&H magazines to test out.
View Quote

grey d&h $6.50 a pop

black d&h $6.50 a pop
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top