Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2014 3:53:03 AM EDT
A guy I work with brought me in 8-10 mags from Center Industries ? They have green followers and say Restricted Law Enforcement Government  Use only so I am guessing they are GTG, they were free

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:00:25 AM EDT
[#1]
They're good to go.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:05:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They're good to go.
View Quote

Have a handful of them from .mil surplus and theyve been perfect.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:52:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:56:01 PM EDT
[#4]
You might want to see how well they fit in your mag well(s).

Centers can be dimensionally odd.

If they fit you got a great gift.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:22:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You might want to see how well they fit in your mag well(s).

Centers can be dimensionally odd.

If they fit you got a great gift.
View Quote

This. I bought about 20 not long ago, newer ones with the tan followers. 8 of them would not fit any rifle that I owned (over 20 from various manufacturers) and drop free. The good ones were fine but those 8 just were too "fat". There is nothing wrong with them functionally that I could tell, I pulled the followers, subbed in some old black ones and put them on my gunshow table at the last show, sold them all for $10 apiece and since I paid $8 was happy enough about the deal....
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:42:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I found a case of them laying in a bunker; apparently discarded.  They were NIW.

None of them would drop-free from an M16a2.  A pretty tight fit.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top