Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2013 12:54:12 PM EDT
looks like we may get a buy on mags this year. I suspect they will still be in demand and things could go crazy if there was another mass shooting.

Provided people take their meds this year and we beat back the Clintons, obamas, and the Bidens this year. When will things return to normal.

October, June, April?

Any news from surefire on their production levels. Competition with government contracts ?

Is the government increasing their orders as to soak up production in an effort of squeezing us out?
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 7:25:32 AM EDT
[#2]
No,  I just think that Surefire is a smaller outfit.    I chose not to buy one due to numerous problems noted with the 100 round and 60 round mags.   These are jam masters at best.      

The military would not even consider using these mags.
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 7:27:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No,  I just think that Surefire is a smaller outfit.    I chose not to buy one due to numerous problems noted with the 100 round and 60 round mags.   These are jam masters at best.      

Hasn't been my experience at all.  I have a couple of the 60-rounders and never had an issue with mine.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 8:05:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I don;t think the .mil is taking up supply. Because I have heard from several reliable sources that they failed field testing badly. My brother who is a Capt in the Army and seved several tours in A-Stan said they were given a few before a deployment 2-3 years ago and were notorious for double feeds. Don;t know if this issue was just with their batch or what but their unit hated them and were quickly relegated to range mags. Considering this and the extra weight I have steered clear of them although I have used them a couple times with a friends ARs but his to had problems
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 3:29:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

We tried, M855 hangs up in every mag so we got rid of them. (60 rounds mags)

Link Posted: 2/4/2013 7:15:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Beta-C mags failed field testing in Afghanistan also.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 12:39:30 AM EDT
[#7]
They might keep working if you baby them...but for military no way.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:40:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't tried any factory M855 in my surefire mag, I Have noticed my reloades of 223/5.56 with SS109 bullets loaded at near max OAL it doesn't work well in the drums or mags over 30 rounds.  I think because of the steel pentrator which is lighter then lead, it makes the bullet slightly longer.  So I'm guessing the tips of some rounds are snagging/rubbing on the inside of the drums/mags causing jams.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 6:27:17 AM EDT
[#9]
My 60's & 100's are failure free. All ammo I have tried.   But I would say they are like any other place & can't keep up with demand.  Their mags were not high sellers anyway. I doubt they will be making them in any large numbers for some time.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 8:03:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't tried any factory M855 in my surefire mag, I Have noticed my reloades of 223/5.56 with SS109 bullets loaded at near max OAL it doesn't work well in the drums or mags over 30 rounds.  I think because of the steel pentrator which is lighter then lead, it makes the bullet slightly longer.  So I'm guessing the tips of some rounds are snagging/rubbing on the inside of the drums/mags causing jams.

That is what we were running into.  The tips would drag and the rounds were never properly aligned.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:14:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Hmm...the Surefire 60 I bought runs M855 fine...works with Wolf and Herter's steel too...
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:43:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:24:45 AM EDT
[#13]
I've seen the 60 rounders available a couple times online recently. Now I'm not putting mine through military tests but mine has been flawless thus far. I own three 60s.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:00:29 PM EDT
[#14]
It isn't the military as the surefire is a POS. jams all the time and not reliable.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:05:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I have never had that problem with my surefires.  There's a few pics of 60 rounders in military use I've seen on the forum. I've never used steel rounds in my surefire but perhaps that's what your problem is. Or maybe you just got some shit mags from them. Ill keep enjoying mine.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:08:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don;t think the .mil is taking up supply. Because I have heard from several reliable sources that they failed field testing badly. My brother who is a Capt in the Army and seved several tours in A-Stan said they were given a few before a deployment 2-3 years ago and were notorious for double feeds. Don;t know if this issue was just with their batch or what but their unit hated them and were quickly relegated to range mags. Considering this and the extra weight I have steered clear of them although I have used them a couple times with a friends ARs but his to had problems

I haven't heard anything like that.  I don't think the military has ever evaluated them for trial.  M855 is one of the ammo types that runs flawlessly with them anyway.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top