Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2012 6:09:39 AM EDT
I'm looking to get my AR up and running for varminting so just found a need for 5 round mags.  Has anyone tried Magpul's 5 round limiter in USGI straight 20 round magazines?  Does it work?  I'm stuck in a ban state so I can't get new Pmags or I would, and I'm trying to economize by using preban 20 rounders so I can use them at full capacity when not out hunting.  Anyone doing this?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:44:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm looking to get my AR up and running for varminting so just found a need for 5 round mags.  Has anyone tried Magpul's 5 round limiter in USGI straight 20 round magazines?  Does it work?  I'm stuck in a ban state so I can't get new Pmags or I would, and I'm trying to economize by using preban 20 rounders so I can use them at full capacity when not out hunting.  Anyone doing this?

You can whittle down a piece of wood. I made one out of a scrap of 1/4" plywood, wide enough to fit inside the spring. Shave it down until it holds 5rds, then round off the edge so it doesn't catch the spring.
I'll post pics later on
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:42:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Also, check the game laws in your state. Some states have details in the laws about exactly what they will allow for limiters and plugs.
Other states, the issue is the legality of the magazine in general. There is a Hometown forum you may want to visit if a definitive answer does not come up here.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:56:04 AM EDT
[#3]
It doesn't have to be permanent here in NY, but it does have to be inside a NY legal magazine in general.  Hence the example I know of that I want to try is the USGI 20 round magazine, if I can get some pre-94 ones like those made by Colt.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:29:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Tools: saw, vise, rasp.
Bottom cut to match the angle of the bottom of the mag
Top tapered to prevent snagging the spring
Tactical black super ninja operator electrical tape utilized to prevent rattling.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 8:09:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 9:35:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Our Limiters are designed for, and will only fit, our own PMAG 20.

5 Round Limiter - PMAG 20, 3 Pack

Any way and/or plan to make some that fit USGI mags?  
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 9:49:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top