Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2010 8:43:26 PM EDT
Due to my states mag capacity rules for big gamehunting, I can only have five rounds in the magazine.  I've tried the DPMS 4 round mags and they do not feed reliably and the C-products 5 rounder also has reliablity issues.  I have 20 round Pmags, 20 round DPMS mags and 10 round C-products mags, that all work flawlessly and drop free every time.  I'm thinking of adding small aluminum box tubing inside to stop the follower at 5 rounds and using epoxy or rivet for a permanent installation so there is no question this is now a 5 round capacity if asked by a CO.  Forgot to all that this is for a LR-308

If someone has done this, can you give some details on how?  And any other suggestions would be great.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:17:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:06:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Do you still have the C Products 5rd magazine that you are saying has reliability issues? I would be more than happy to replace the magazine.

[email protected]

Chad

Thanks for the offer, but I gave it to a coworker with a similar rifle.  Works great in his.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:14:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:47:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a 20 round C-Product curved mag.  I just cut it half inch below the magazine well.  Used the dremel to cut the bottom of the magazine shape.  Bent the lips. and reassemble.  
It became 7 round magazine.  So I glued a appropriate length nail to the follower.

Works good.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:13:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:26:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Hurray for Magpul. Will it be something like a kit where you can select the appropriate plug for whatever capacity you need and just use the standard 20 rounders?

I need to pick up a C products in the mean time or try and modify some full capacity ones.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Due to my states mag capacity rules for big gamehunting, I can only have five rounds in the magazine.  I've tried the DPMS 4 round mags and they do not feed reliably and the C-products 5 rounder also has reliablity issues.  I have 20 round Pmags, 20 round DPMS mags and 10 round C-products mags, that all work flawlessly and drop free every time.  I'm thinking of adding small aluminum box tubing inside to stop the follower at 5 rounds and using epoxy or rivet for a permanent installation so there is no question this is now a 5 round capacity if asked by a CO.  Forgot to all that this is for a LR-308

If someone has done this, can you give some details on how?  And any other suggestions would be great.

We will have round limited mags released soon. 5,10,15 rounders in a 20 round body.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:13:46 AM EDT
[#7]
A thing that I have done in the past is, drilled and tapped the mag floorplate for a long 8 32 or some similar size screw.   Then you can just cut the screw off a little at a time until it only holds 5 rnds.   That was with m1a 20rounders and a 6.8 mag.  If you do it this way, you can always take out the screw and have your mag back to stock.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top