Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2007 8:31:44 AM EDT
Anybody know of someone with them in stock?  Are we in a situation where the 1st edition is sold out and now we're waiting for the revised versions to be released?
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 11:12:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't anyone with them in stock.

And i wouldnt even want them if they had them... because of your second statement.

There have been constant revisions to the mold, and I plan on waiting for the Gen 3 model, (i know it's coming) until i Buy 30+ of them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 1:23:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I don't anyone with them in stock.

And i wouldnt even want them if they had them... because of your second statement.

There have been constant revisions to the mold, and I plan on waiting for the Gen 3 model, (i know it's coming) until i Buy 30+ of them.

Same here. I'll wait for the bugs to be worked out before I start investing in some new Pmags.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 1:33:32 PM EDT
[#3]
what bugs are being worked out?  i bought two as a trial and haven't had any problems.

should i be expecting to run into some?  different types of ammo and such?

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 3:05:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
what bugs are being worked out?  i bought two as a trial and haven't had any problems.

should i be expecting to run into some?  different types of ammo and such?

They dont like feeding 75 gr rounds and some have had problems in their rifles w/o extended feedramps.

I need one in green and tan and all 4 of the 1st gen ones I have run flawlessly
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 3:22:55 PM EDT
[#5]
everyone here seems to have problems regarding ammo type used but on mine the mag body seems to be too thin and if i push the follower down it hangs and rises slowly leading to ftf.

anyone else have this problem?
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:20:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
everyone here seems to have problems regarding ammo type used but on mine the mag body seems to be too thin and if i push the follower down it hangs and rises slowly leading to ftf.

anyone else have this problem?

Didnt have any problems with Guat 5.56 at the range with mine
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 5:06:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I was just placing an order with Bravo Co. and threw a couple PMags on to try and they arrived here yesterday (ordered Monday or Tues) so they have them instock...Since that was the ?? from the OP
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 8:52:50 AM EDT
[#8]
See, this just goes in line with my personal opinion on buying things.

I NEVER buy the "first model year" of anything, Cars, guns, mags, computers, anything.

I love magpul, and I think it is GREAT they are constantly revising and improving their stuff.  They are NOT content to leave "good enough alone."  I am a customer for life, and I have told Rich that personally.

BUT.

I know when a magpul product come out, there will be revisions.

There was the:
M93 Pre-production.  a few people on arfcom got those.
M93 Production
M93A
M93A2 - (this is the one I bought)
And then the M93B.

Then there was the follower, there is a Gen 1, and a Gen 2, BUT revisions were constantly being made to BOTH the material used and the design.

Now the UBR is on its way.  And I am pretty sure there will be revisions to that as well.  Now, I WANT a UBR, and ii do plan on buying one, I just dont want to be the FIRST.

I do understand that the customer service at Magpul is first class, and they would be more than happy to replace anything that goes wrong, or swap something out if I have issues... but I would prefer to not go through the hassel of returning, and waiting.  I just want to "Buy it once, and forget about it."

I do plan on buying 30 Black Pmags with windows, but I am just going to wait a while.

have a good one.

*edited to add*

Holy shit.  I completely forgot about the MASADA.  I am definitely buying one of those too, but, again, i dont plan on buying one of the first production runs.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 4:35:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I know Texas Tactical does have some of the new Magpul Aluminum MagLevel mags in stock.

PMags should be in in about 2-3 weeks.www.texastacticalgear.com/index.php?crn=103&rn=624&action=show_detail
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top