Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2006 6:56:14 AM EDT
A couple of weeks ago I was shooting my FNC and it was running like a Swiss watch while I emptied a couple of mags. These mags were already loaded when I arrived at the range.

I guess I must have 5-6 brands of mags stored in a SAW ammo can and I've never really bothered to check and see what brand mag I pulled out to reload because it's never been an issue.

I loaded a few more mags and returned to the firing line, but all of a sudden my FNC refused to feed. I had no idea why because this little gun is about as close to 100% as any gun I've owned. I didn't spend that much time trouble shooting the situation and started shooting .308.

I've since read about all of the D&H problems on this forum and you guessed it. I went back and examined the mag I was using when the problems started and it was a D&H that was mfg on 3-05.

Mystery solved and happy day.

TD
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:00:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:06:38 AM EDT
[#2]
BH, So far I haven't taken the time to hit the feed lips with a file, but I will do just that before I take them out again. I think that will solve the problem.

TD
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:41:00 AM EDT
[#3]
It appears the problems are not just isolated to those made 11/05 and 12/05.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:52:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I got one made in 5/05 that is narrow.  Magpul won't fit and the rounds don't move up or down smoothly.  No malfuntions though.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:19:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Very interesting.

I have 60 of the DH Mags from differnet lot codes including the ones mentioned with zero defects. All have Magpul Gen I or Gen II followers.

Go figure.

Tack
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top