Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 10:18:58 PM EDT
Is there any place to get used GI mags other than the EE?  I have searched the web and not found any matches.  All mags are either new or if they are in fact used, the price difference between new ones and the used ones is minimal.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:34:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Other than the EE, try the gunshows. But frankly, unless you stumble across some dude selling a bunch of beat up old mags out of his backpack at the show, you probably won't find as good a deal as you would on the EE.

You may get lucky at the shows, but factor in gas, parking fees (if any), and admission.

What condition mags are you looking for? ALOT of people are dumping used prebans right now, to fund buying new post bans, so the prices for used have been coming down.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:41:44 AM EDT
[#2]
As long as they aren't dented or don't have cracked feedlips.  I just don't want a totally used up POS mag.  Alot of used mags I have seen aren't too much less than brand new mags, so I am really not finding any "good deals."  I think I'll probably end up just buying new ones from 44mag or bravo.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't forget that you can get C Products @ $10.70 w/ Magpul follower.  

EE Thread

CProducts website

TS
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:56:13 PM EDT
[#4]
it's really hard to find a used mag from a suplier that is going to be a good bit cheaper than the prices that the new mags are going for.  A lot of the used ones for sale where bought when mags where $15 and higher so people do not want to take that big of a loss by selling them for under $9.  At least thats how I see it  but it could be for completely different reasons.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:41:06 AM EDT
[#5]
You can sometimes pick up good deals on mags at gun shows, but you need to be picky.  Last weekend I picked up two VN vintage Simmonds 20 rounders in new condition for $10 a pop at the Valley Forge show.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:16:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Why would you want used mags when you can buy new mags for under $10 shipped??? KY is a free state.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:09:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I for one will say - that there is nothing like the feel of the old style 20's

I have never heard or seen any one say any thing bad about them.  I think that they are build better, and have a good follower.

Besides - nothing wrond with a mag that is some 30 years out of production.

Later,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:51:05 PM EDT
[#8]
The market for used 30's has really fallen through. During the ban, NIW Labelle magazines*prehistoric D&H magazines* were 35.00 a piece, and used USGI magazines were much less expensive. Used preban magazines were marketable, but now that the best USGI 30's made are being sold for 10.00 brand new, used magazines would need to be 3-5.00 to be competitive, or even marketable...I would gladly buy used LEO .gov magazines for 5.00, provided they are in excellent condition. I see all to many gun show vendors selling used USGI magazines for 20.00, or thereabouts because they don't seem to understand the current market. If the majority of people selling used USGI magazines were to sell them for 5 bucks, they would end up taking a "bath" on them. There is a local guy who is pretty sharp that gets used 30's in frequently and sells them for 6.00 a piece. He had 5 Labelle and 4 General Stamping magazines in new condition, which I promptly bought. Unless I can get them for 5.00, Im not going to be buying used magazines anymore.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#9]

By Ryno_the-wyno: I see all to many gun show vendors selling used USGI magazines for 20.00, or thereabouts because they don't seem to understand the current market.

If you're seeing the vendors "selling" used USGI mags @ $20/ea, it's not the vendor who is misinformed.  It's the consumer.

In my neck of the woods, I see Used USGI mags collecting dust on the shelves of local shops anywhere from $17 for highly used mags to $30 for like new mags...  Obviously the vendor is misinformed because no one is going to purchase at that price, at least I hope not.

So far the gun shows seem the best place to find USGI mags. (ETA: "to find") I've seen them priced anywhere from $7.50-$10 ea. (Occasionaly $5/ea but only in small quantities)  The new manufactured are priced @ ~$15. (At least that's what new D&H were at the last show.  And they were selling quickly)  If it weren't for the internet, I'd be buying at $15 thinking things were good....

Sly
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:42:17 PM EDT
[#10]
There was a guy on the EE last week selling used mags for $6 or $7 depending on condition. They didn't last long. So, $3 is probably not in the realm for pricing. Plus, if you go to gun shows, many dealers are still trying to get preban prices for their mags.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#11]
The only used mags that I have found for a decent price were 2 used USGI mags for $6 ea.  at a gunshow.  I remember back in 1999 a gun dealer had a whole ammo crate full of colt 30 rd. mags. for 9 bux ea.  I bought 5 or 6 because that's all the cash I had on me.  When my dad and I came back the next day he didn't have one left.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:02:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Last Richmond Show there was a bin full of 30's for $8 each. Digging throught them was not worth the savings when Dealers on here are offering specials like now.

If you or a family member has a credit card, call or go online and get-u-some new mags shipped in while you can.

I've come away from funshows with used mags brought cheap (and not so cheap during the BAN) later to find cracks, dents and other things wrong with them. Who do I return them too???????

You buy from one of these GOOD guys here and you are covered if you have problems when you get your mags.

Best Wishes Bro.

Danny
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top