Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 6:12:03 PM EDT
which one of these will feed best? Im thinking about buying 20 mags by D&H for $200. Ive tried NHMTG and they feed great, but D&H mags seem cheaper, so which brand is better for reliability? Im scared to buy colt mags because dealers here use colt floor plates and put them in a mags that have no markings. Im thinking about DPMS mags next after D&H.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Get some D&H's, I ve got many, they are great mags, check out this deal from DSG, and buy with confidence.  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=268027
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#2]
both mags perform for the most part flawlessly and I would trust my life with either brand but I do prefer the NHMTG mags over the D&H.  The teflon finish is very nice on the D&H but for whatever reason I like the dry film NHMTG better.  I did just find out that D&H make dry film mags so I ordered a couple and am awaiting for them to arrive.

I think most people here prefer the D&H mags because of the teflon finish and because they seem to be a couple $ cheaper.

on a side note NHMTG makes the mags for Colt

eta: don't know if this is true or not but from my experience it seems that NHMTG mags are built a little stronger.  I base this just on how both mags feel
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:17:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I guess I'll get 4 D&H mags and see how well they perform now that youve said they have a flawless function and is trust worthy. I trust my life with nothing but NHMTG mags right now. Ive tried OKAY, center, fn, sanchez, orlites. Those all suck and jams about once every 90 rnds for each mag. Do you think the DPMS 30 rnd mags are worth the $20? I own a DPMS 5 rnd mag and it feeds any .223/5.56 ammo  I give it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:34:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well I guess I'll get 4 D&H mags and see how well they perform now that youve said they have a flawless function and is trust worthy. I trust my life with nothing but NHMTG mags right now. Ive tried OKAY, center, fn, sanchez, orlites. Those all suck and jams about once every 90 rnds for each mag. Do you think the DPMS 30 rnd mags are worth the $20? I own a DPMS 5 rnd mag and it feeds any .223/5.56 ammo  I give it.

I'm pretty sure DPMS mags are made by D&H and OKAY mags are the same exact mag as NHMTG but with different markings.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:34:46 AM EDT
[#5]
C Products, LLC makes a great curved 20 and 30 round magazine at a very competitive price. C Products is a major supplier to the military and law enforcement. Why not visit us at www.cproductsllc.com and see what you think. Thanks

Larry
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:44:27 AM EDT
[#6]
IF you’re using those newer NHMTG 20 rounders with the black plastic followers and prefer them over the original USGI magazines using "alloy" type followers, you don't know squat about reliable 20 round magazines.

Mike

ps - I'll take my 40 year old vietnam issued 20 round USGI "alloy" mags over your choice any day of the week.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top