User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 7:40:52 AM EDT
This is the description for them pulled from the mag faq page:

Colt 5.56mm
---------
Army and late Air Force contract Colt mags with 5.56 stamping. These have dull alloy followers. Note that there are no dimensional differences between mags marked .223 vs. 5.56. Made from 1969-1971. Floorplates stamped:

(Pony) COLT AR-15
CAL. 5.56 MM
COLT'S PT.F.A. MFG. CO. INC.
HARTFORD, CONN. U.S.A.

Or it may be these,

Colt Nickel-Plated 20s
-----------
Colt had a small number of 20-round mags finished with in nickel, for sale with a limited run of nickel-plated SP-1s in the late 70's. These mags are rare, and are among the few mags desirable by collectors regardless of condition. Note: some people have confused silver or gray anodized mags with no finish remaining for nickel-plated mags. Nickel-plated mags are noticeably brighter and smoother.

I have 2, Are they worth anything other than just what a normal 20 round mag is worth? If so how much? If I post pics could someone tell me the are smooth like the second one says.
http://www.hunt101.com/img/364262.jpg
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:58:25 AM EDT
[#1]
They are mags, not clips.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:12:57 AM EDT
[#2]
sorry, wording fixed
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:18:57 PM EDT
[#3]
They are worth as much as a used AR mag.  Maybe more in a ban state.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:33:58 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks, the picture sucks, they actually are in pretty good shape
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:44:22 AM EDT
[#5]
IMO, they're better mags than those new 20s w/ the black plastic followers.

All of my twenty-rounders have "alloy" followers and more than a few show wear similar to those above, a few have even less finish, but ever damned one of 'em runs 100%.

FWIW, idiots will pay through the nose for those w/ Colt floorplates, those who recognize them as simply USGI 20s know the floorplate does not matter; it's the functionality that really counts.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:02:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:15:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Those are the standard Army/Air Force mags - not nickel mags.  Keep them and use them - they are excellent mags!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:23:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Worth about $12 each; maybe $15.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top