Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2006 2:23:32 PM EDT
Anybody know where to get used USGI mags through government auction or in bulk?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont think the Government sell/auction any "Evil" Hi-Caps anymore due to a Clinton Executive Order.

IIRC you can buy cases of mags from NHMTG but I dont have any contact info
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:37:06 AM EDT
[#2]
What is NHMTG?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:47:35 AM EDT
[#3]
NHMTG mags are made by OKAY.  From GOOGLE www.okayind.com/.

FB
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:38:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Its my understanding, that weapons components which are to be sold by the DRMO, must be de-milled. In other words, they must be destroyed so that they are no longer useable for their original purpose. Smashed, cut up, shreaded, ect.
I have seen lots of .mil surplus equipment which was de-milled in one form or another.
Weapons components, vehicles, and individual equipment.  So much is wasted.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:06:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Its my understanding, that weapons components which are to be sold by the DRMO, must be de-milled. In other words, they must be destroyed so that they are no longer useable for their original purpose. Smashed, cut up, shreaded, ect.
I have seen lots of .mil surplus equipment which was de-milled in one form or another.
Weapons components, vehicles, and individual equipment.  So much is wasted.

I know Ive seen some of the auctions demill stuff. I dont know why anybody winds up buying any of that stuff. I guess some of it can be put back together as dummy guns or something.

But I have seen used USGI mags at gun shows with late 1990s date stamps. Some that apparently had the date stampings ground off. So I dont think the mags had to be destroyed, unless as somebody stated a ban was put in place by Clinton.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What would you need to buy so many mags for?

I used to buy mags to refinish and sell. May possibly do again. But you already know that from the other thread.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:08:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What would you need to buy so many mags for?

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:10:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I used to buy mags to refinish and sell. May possibly do again. But you already know that from the other thread.

New ones are so cheap now that I don't see how you could make a profit.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:18:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Selling to the banned states. Used preban mags can still sell for a bit more than new ones. Back during the ban I had been getting mags for $10 each, refinished and resold for $22-25 each on Ebay. Unfortunately they stopped the sale of "assault rifle" parts and put a quick end to my big money.

From what Ive gathered I might be able to sell em for around $13-15 without refinishing em, and that would be a profit to NY or MD if I can get em cheap enough.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Selling to the banned states. Used preban mags can still sell for a bit more than new ones. Back during the ban I had been getting mags for $10 each, refinished and resold for $22-25 each on Ebay. Unfortunately they stopped the sale of "assault rifle" parts and put a quick end to my big money.

From what Ive gathered I might be able to sell em for around $13-15 without refinishing em, and that would be a profit to NY or MD if I can get em cheap enough.

The General feeling for our Brothers in "Banned States" is to help them out, not hit them when they are down.
If I had some "Pre-ban" magazines left I would trade 1 for 1  along with the other 99.9% of the board members  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Md'er here.
We have a neutered AWB.
You cannot sell those pre-ban mags to anyone in MD, no one from MD can buy them and have them shipped to MD.
It is the custom to drive to Pa/Va to buy our 30 round mags - that is totally legal.
We just cannot have them shipped to MD.
Gay, I know.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:34:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Amen brother!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:54:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The General feeling for our Brothers in "Banned States" is to help them out, not hit them when they are down.
If I had some "Pre-ban" magazines left I would trade 1 for 1  along with the other 99.9% of the board members  

Hit them when they are down? Trade 1 for 1? What are you going to get back when you give em a preban mag, they arent going to send you a post ban mag!

I live in a banned state! How does selling people preban mags who can only get pre ban mags constitute hitting them when they are down? Sounds more like helping them out to me.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:00:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Hit them when they are down? Trade 1 for 1? What are you going to get back when you give em a preban mag, they arent going to send you a post ban mag!

I live in a banned state! How does selling people preban mags who can only get pre ban mags constitute hitting them when they are down? Sounds more like helping them out to me.

You charging $15.00 for used magazine is not helping them out in my opinion

I' have trade 1 for 1 with a couple people from New York, they buy the "no bans" and have them shipped to me here in Minnesota
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:06:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You charging $15.00 for used magazine is not helping them out in my opinion

I' have trade 1 for 1 with a couple people from New York, they buy the "no bans" and have them shipped to me here in Minnesota

Price will depend on what I can get em for. If I get em for $5 each, then they will sell for $9 or $10. But I expect the prices to be more like 10-12 based on my previous experiences. Thats a $3 profit per mag, hardly price gauging. Besides if somebody doesnt like the prices they dont have to buy em. Besides I got a long way to go, got to find an outlet for the mags again before anything else.

What is a "no ban" mag?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#17]

What is a "no ban" mag?

brand new 04-05 manufacture not pre 94
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:17:27 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

What is a "no ban" mag?

That is a felony. Anyone who has brand new manufactured mags in NY is guilty of a felony. I would be unlikely to associate with anyone who has those mags. If I did know anybody I would tell em to get rid of em immediately. 1 for 1 to give people who have illegally purchased magazines here??? They should be buying preban mags legally in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:18:12 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is a "no ban" mag?

That is a felony. Anyone who has brand new manufactured mags in NY is guilty of a felony. I would be unlikely to associate with anyone who has those mags. If I did know anybody I would tell em to get rid of em immediately. 1 for 1 to give people who have illegally purchased magazines here??? They should be buying preban mags legally in the first place.

They dont have possesion of them or touch them, they have them shipped to you from a vendor
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top