Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2005 10:19:58 AM EDT
Are those Magcinch's any good? The Device that connects 2 30rd Mags together from Buffer Tech? It appears the other Mag on the Side could become Damaged, or filled with Dirt, Sand, Ect. Wanted some opinions before I buy, or not to buy. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:51:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:04:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Troy for the quick reply. Those were pretty much my thoughts as well, though I haven't read much about them in general.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:08:03 AM EDT
[#3]
They also never stay in the same postion inside the coupler after a few mag insertions. I prefer a buttstock mag pouch as a patrol officer. We can't carry spare rifle ammo on our person easily. But a buttstock mag pouch allows you to have another reload on the rifle.
Pat
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:19:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I bougt one and did not like it.  Save you $20.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#5]
i have had a similar problem w/ my top round moving forward under recoil.  i recently replaced the spring w/ a wolf spring.  we'll see if that helps.  BTW it takes quite a few rounds to start IME.

at work, we have the h&k coupler for our mp5s.  they work fine.  absolutely no problem, and they are the fastest mag change i've used.  

they are an added expensive though, if you don't use a mag dump pouch, you could lose them easy if you're over in the sand box,etc.

they do add weight, bulk to the weapon.  after a day of training, and i'm tired, i just think that i need to work out more.  i don't experience a problem w/ it throwing off my balance at sub gun ranges.

at matchs w/ my AR, it works fine w/ balance out to 300 yards (the longest shots we do there).  AR mags are lighter than mp5 mags (55 grn in 556 vrs. 165 grn in .40)
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top