Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2005 7:54:39 PM EDT
Just like the question says, anyone running magpul's enhanced followers with the ranger plates at the same time? Any problems, issues with this I should know about?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:16:12 AM EDT
[#1]
yes, all of my USGI mags (a real mix of brands) run well with the Magpul followers and plates.
I had to modify one of the followers in one of the mags, I think it was the Sanchez one. I took a little clipper and clipped something like a 1/8th of a inch off the bottom of the follower. It takes 30 rounds now.

They are a little tight loading with 30 rounds (there is barely "wiggle room")... but I do not experience feeding problems on the first round with my ARs.

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:20:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, but it is nigh on impossible to get the mag to seat with the bolt forward. I recomend downloading by two.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:26:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Ditto,   tried the ranger plate with the green follower and only got 28 and sometimes 29. Installed the magpull follower and loaded 30 each time. I have not had a chance to do a tactical reload on a range so I can't say for sure if it will seat in my setup or not YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:57:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yes, but it is nigh on impossible to get the mag to seat with the bolt forward. I recomend downloading by two.

+1

Tack
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top