Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 7:19:32 PM EDT
What is the general consensus on polymer AR-15 mags?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:34:59 AM EDT
[#1]
the canadian thermolds work pretty well
the orlites are ok for the range

they can be tight in some mag wells

i would stick to USGIs for SHFT

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:54:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Actually the US made Thermolds work well. The Canadian made ones have some issues I hear.
I have 4 US Thermolds and I have been running with them for a few years with no issues.

The Clear ones may give you trouble but are great for pictures and such.

The Orlites may give you trouble depending on the year the mag was made. Read the Mag FAQ in this thread.

As always your experience may vary.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

As always your experience may vary.

guess so

i have not tried the American thermolds, but the canadians work for me

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#4]
i use the us made thermolds without any problems in my .50 beowulf
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:15:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I have (apparently) 4 Canadian and 2 US Thermold magazines (I originally thought they were all Canadian), anyway they all work flawlessly at the range, look better as far as cosmetics go, are seeminly impervious to scratches, nicks and dings (they are my standard range mags) and have held up 100% for the last 4 years.

Personally I recommend all Bushmaster owners get the Thermolds since they are black on black and match very well, they also go real nice with the new Carbon-15 models (trying to find some for a friend now).

I have a Colt M4 on an A2 Sporter lower and i prefer them since they dont scratch up my gun at all, and you can stack them in your range back without them rubbing together causing a lot of noise or dings in each other.

- rem
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top