Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2005 7:53:16 AM EDT
I live in Ma.(still has an AWB) and I picked up some pre ban mags the other day. They seem identical to my other 30 rd mags except they apear to be hevier and have no markings on the floor plate. They are blued/black verses the standard grey color. They almost look like mags I have seen in Ruger Mini-14's.

Anyone have any idea who makes them, or if they are decent mags? Unfortunetally, I am reduced to "scrownging" for mags due to my location! Any info would be appriciated.....
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:52:20 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I live in Ma.(still has an AWB) and I picked up some pre ban mags the other day. They seem identical to my other 30 rd mags except they apear to be hevier and have no markings on the floor plate. They are blued/black verses the standard grey color. They almost look like mags I have seen in Ruger Mini-14's.

Anyone have any idea who makes them, or if they are decent mags? Unfortunetally, I am reduced to "scrownging" for mags due to my location! Any info would be appriciated.....

What you have is most likely a USA brand magazine, better known as "junk".

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Run the other way fast.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#3]
just wait to you load one full and your bolt won't wont even close on the first round....

they only belong in one place.....the damn trash
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:37:58 PM EDT
[#4]
and another one bites the dust.  They always come after they buy the shittty mags.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:48:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+1

...after using them as targets, so no one else can use them.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:53:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

...after using them as targets, so no one else can use them.

+2 Target practice sounds like a good alternative.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:32:22 AM EDT
[#7]
check the EE, sometimes someone has USGI pre-ban mags for sale

beware the pre-ban, aftermarket mags, expecially if they are blackish in color vs. the USGI grey

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:01:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Only buy USGI-Mil Spec Mags.

Note regardless of where you live unless the mag is stamped with a date.  They can no prove if they were manufactured before or after the ban.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top