Brand New High Quality 30rd .223 Polymer
magazines for AR15/M16 type Rifles. Manufactured
in the US by Pro-Mag.  

Price:   $14.95

Link Posted: 7/28/2005 7:55:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I have 1, it runs 100%.

Fits good.

Looks good. Looks like the old Thermold type mag.

Lifetime warranty.

For that price I would check out Bravo CO.

They have Teflon coated USGI mags in the same price range.

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:04:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 2. They both function very well but they DO NOT hold my bolt open on the last round, other than that they work 100%
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:03:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Interesting that Pro Mag actually makes something that works!!!

BTW, I've also seen some polymer AK mags they are putting out.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:59:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Interesting that Pro Mag actually makes something that works!!!

BTW, I've also seen some polymer AK mags they are putting out.

I dunno.  I'd hardly say that a mag that doesn't hold the bolt open fully "works".  Especially not when you can get GI for the same price, and genuine Thermolds for maybe 2 or 3 bucks more.

I've seen the things at shows also; and passed on them because they are too durn shiny.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:15:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Are these the same as the ones CMMG is selling?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:39:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:02:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow, I've had the same Thermold mags for 10 years, and none of them have had split, swelled, or cracked feed lips. The springs haven't worn out. And the followers don't bind under dirty conditions either; I guess 'cause they have that dust seal around the magwell and self-lubricate. I guess I am lucky.

I have had a few of my noisy USGI mags get bent feedlips and dented bodies though.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:37:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How will a ProMag work after 100 load/unload cycles?  Will the feedlips swell, split, or crack?  Will the spring be worn out?  Will it have the same problems with the follower binding up in dirty/gritty conditions as the Thermold and Orlite mags had?  Have you seen the quality of every other ProMag?

I strongly recommend buying USGI mags, especially now that you can get brand new ones for the same or less money!

-Troy

I can't speak on the 223 version, but i have 2 of the 9mm ones and I have put almost 2000 rds down with them and they still hold up fine (Ar15 9mm). Granted its not 100 load unload cycles but I'm getting there.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Wow, I've had the same Thermold mags for 10 years, and none of them have had split, swelled, or cracked feed lips. The springs haven't worn out. And the followers don't bind under dirty conditions either; I guess 'cause they have that dust seal around the magwell and self-lubricate. I guess I am lucky.

I have had a few of my noisy USGI mags get bent feedlips and dented bodies though.

No man.  You're not lucky. You're smart.

There are scads of us out there who have been using the North Carolina Thermolds for years, without a single problem. Go thru this thread, and see how many guys have written in on how to repair, refurbish or "rewhatever", Thermolds.  Then take a look at all the the info on repairing, refinishing, respringing, rebuilding those paper thin Gi troublemakers.  Something like zero on the first and 100 on the second.

Based on the number of pics I've seen on this site, including some by advertisers of products and services, showing the favorite AR sporting a Thermold, I'd strongly suspect that there are a lot more of us Thermold guys out there than are willing to publicly come out an say so.

So let the plebes out there keep on buying those GI jobs, that were originally designed to be discarded after three uses.  That'll keep the pressure off us who keep an eye out for Thermolds any time we go to the gunshow.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:55:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I have not tried the "new Thermolds" for the ARs (and probably won't, even though I never had problems with the old ones - I just prefer USGI), but I have a half-dozen of these for the Mini-14 and they are the best 30-rd Mini-14 mags I have come across since SR&C sold out their civilian customers.

(How will they hold up over time?  Only time will tell...)
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top