Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2005 6:12:29 PM EDT
About 3 months ago I bought a brand new in the bag 30rd Bushmaster mag. I went to the range the next week and it kept wanting to double feed,so I thought that it might have to "break in" so I loaded it again went through another 28 rds and it did the same thing. Now I haven't been back to the range since but I've tried to load the gun with the mag and it still wants to double feed,so I unloaded the mag using the rifle and it would double feed just by doing that.

So what's the problem,do all of Bushmasters mags do this? Does it just need a new spring and follower or what?

Link Posted: 1/4/2005 6:18:03 PM EDT
[#1]
What color is the follower in there now ?
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 6:20:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Green
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 6:38:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought 4 recently and have had no problems.Have you had any such problems out of any of your other mags?
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 6:40:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I bought 4 recently and have had no problems.Have you had any such problems out of any of your other mags?

None what so ever,my other 30rd and my 20rd works fine. Plus I've used friends mags as well with no problems.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 6:44:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+1

Try other mags, it may not be the mag at all.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 6:47:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Before you buy a new spring and follower try taking the spring and follower out of your other 30rounder and put in this mag body to see if it feeds.If it doesnt work that way you might have an out of spec mag body.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 1:06:56 PM EDT
[#7]
A few Qs that may help you pin this down to the magazine, if it is at fault:

1) does it exhibit the problem after the same amount of rounds each time?
 If so, is it the first few, middle or last few rounds having the problem?

2) Try examining the magazine, loaded, while out of the weapon. Does the tip of the second round protrude above the front face of the magazine, or is it below? Strip the top round off and check the tip of the next round.

Hotgun
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:11:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I called Bushmaster yesterday and they want me to send it back and they'll swap it out with another new one. hug.gif
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:31:14 AM EDT
[#9]
We have been using the BM teflons for a few years. Great magazines. I bought a bunch at the LE distributor for personal use on 09-15-04.

That said, we have, a couple of times, notes a bit of "overflash" plastic on the followers from when they were molded. This can cause them to  hang up. The fix is simple; look for it, and trim it off if you find it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:40:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I have had the same problem out of new Bushy M4.  Brand new Bushy 30 round mag, bolt not stripping the rounds completely out of mag, partially damaging bullet.  

Reloaded mag installed in 20" Colt HBAR.  Worked fine.  Reloaded installed back in M4.  Worked fine this time. No other trouble with any other USGI mags.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top