Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2004 5:55:22 PM EDT
I bought a steel mag marked with a small sticker that says "England".Is that the same as an SA80?   Even dealers seem unsure...or perhaps they are playing dumb!!!! Which are best?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:01:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Royal ordinance,imperial defense services,SA80,England...alright,I have the names straight...how do I identify them???
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:39:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got some of the "Imperial Defense Services- England" stamped magazines. They are black and kind of a 'semi-gloss' finish, not a 'flat black'. They almost look as if the are blued, but I'm told it is a surface coating of some kind. There are 8 spot welds on each side.
I don't have any info on the Royal Ordinance magazines.
As far as I can tell the Brit magazines are either gray parked or black. The gray ones may be made in Singapore.
Perhaps someone has more info on the grey mags?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:28:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Howlie...your a jolly good chap!!! Sorry,I suddenly felt English!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:40:37 PM EDT
[#4]
the the front of the mag at base plate the grey/blue brit mags have a # in a circle stamped on them.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top