Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 5:37:55 PM EDT
I bought several 30 round steel mags from Ammoman.com advertised as Royal Ordnance SA-80 mags.  The mags arrived today and look to be quality but there are no markings on the mags.  Is this normal?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:12:20 PM EDT
[#1]
yes
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:34:53 AM EDT
[#2]
repub18, thanks.

I have read other posts stating the SA-80 mags were stamped "England".  How do I tell if they are Royal Ordnance?

Hey, if they work who cares, right?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:48:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I got some that had marked floorplates, some with those ENGLAND stickers on them, and some with nothing on them.  No markings = legal and alright to own.

Get to the range and test them all out as much as possible!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:40:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
repub18, thanks.

I have read other posts stating the SA-80 mags were stamped "England".  How do I tell if they are Royal Ordnance?

The british mags have "England" on the inside of the follower.  Grey "Royal Ordinance" mags have no other markings (beyond the sticker).  Black "Imperial Defense Services" Mags are stamped on the floorplate.

I have both.  The Royal Ordinance mags have run very well for me.  But I made upgrades to my Imperial Defense Services Mags as they use old style followers.  Their springs aren't as thick as the Royal Ordinance mags either.

Just make sure the Royal Ordinance mags all lock into your AR.  I had to break in one of mine at the range before it would reliably lock.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top