Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2003 1:30:42 PM EDT
I want to try out some type of dual magazine clamp setup. I see there are a bunch of different products out there. Which are the best?

The 'Mag Cinch' appears to be something like a hook-and-loop velcro system?

The 'MAG GRIP'(found in Brownells) is machined aluminum and looks to be very sturdy and built nicely.

I believe First Samco also makes a dual mag setup.

Who uses these? Do they work good? Which are the best and which holds up? So far, I really like the machined aluminum setup from MAG GRIP.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 1:49:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Try the one you see in my pics:

(The CAR on the left in the pic, minues the black tape)
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid80/pecde751191d3e3c34ed4625ef5d1bfb9/fb09f8c7.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pdb17cdb6be1d44182afb36bccb74c6ef/fbe86664.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p3b5201d0d800cef04da957f8088e0139/fbe8ac85.jpg[/img]

You can buy them from DPMS for $6 each.

They are IDF approved!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:05:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Agree with M4.

At $5 a pop, the spring steel Israeli made clamps are the shit.  I especially like how they are more compact than most of the others on the market.  They angle the second magazine away from the other just enough to clear the reciever.  They will stay pretty well with the mags snapped in, but one wrap of 100mph is good insurance.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:09:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I forgot to mention how light and "out of the way" these things are.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#4]
LPD111,

I have a First Samco that I carry my primary defense mags in.  (It's always in or with the rifle)  I've heard some people say they can come loose and I will admit when I cinched them together they took a lot of tightening to keep the mags from slipping.  This concern has been quited for me since I just realized in order to keep them secure I had to tighten the hell out of the clamp screws.  Which I did and all seems to be holding up well.  

Just my .02  I've only had the set-up for a little over a month.  If the mags ever slip I'll inform the members.

Sly
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:44:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

one wrap of 100mph is good insurance.

View Quote

That's a good idea.  I use one of the IDF's on my home defense carbine, but I never thought of wrapping it for better retention.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:50:21 PM EDT
[#6]
M4!  Don't you keep the mag inserted with the number 2 mag on the left side of the receiver???

How do you slam the bolt release on an empty gun reload??  Left to Right, NO???

Is that pic you??  I love those IDF slings!!!!
THEY RULE!  I have two still in the wrapper.  I don't even know what guns they might go on.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:08:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
M4!  Don't you keep the mag inserted with the number 2 mag on the left side of the receiver???

How do you slam the bolt release on an empty gun reload??  Left to Right, NO???
View Quote

Nope, For better comfort and maneuvering with a tac vest on I like to keep the shooters left side of the gun flush. I still have no problems with hitting the Bolt Release, just have to reach a little deeper with my thumb.

Is that pic you??
View Quote

Nope, its a friend of mine.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:10:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that pic you??
View Quote

Nope, its a friend of mine.
View Quote

Him or her?  
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top