Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/6/2003 5:53:40 PM EDT
I have read the various posts on Permasilk and other mil-spec type finishes.  Does anyone have any experience with other types of finishes?

Does anyone have any mags done in Duracoat, Rogaurd or other finishes?  I realize that these are much more pricey than a do it yourself job with Permasilk, but are they more durable?  I am not necessarily looking for the most authentic look but the most durable.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 6:03:22 PM EDT
[#1]
The magazines don't care, [;)] this is all cosmetic.  The most durable finish is already on the mags, that shows when the outside finish wears off.

If you want a few pretty magazines for photo shoots or to impress your buddies refinish them with SFL or PermaSilk-G.  

It's better to leave the rest of them alone, they'll stay reliable even with they're down to the bright gold anodizing.  The wrong finish can mess up their functionality.

-- Chuck
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top