Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2003 1:28:35 PM EDT
I have a few early Colt AR-15 30 round mags with "62667" stamped on the side and "62665A" on the follower.  The finish is a strong 85%.

I tried a search, but came up empty.

Thanks,
Caspian
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 4:33:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the mag facts tacked to the top of the forum for more information on those first 30s produced by Colt.

As far as what are they worth...It's worth as much as someone will shell out in hard green for it!  If I recall correctly (IIRC) the last time I saw some on the Equipment Exchange (EE) a fellow had some in near new or as new condition and he was asking $30 each?

What you do have is a fine magazine that is worth every penny for use, and if a guy is wanting it for a collection [puke] you should charge him twice as much as the guy who wants to use it.

My old man used to say, "Oh, you don't want to scratch that firearm/mag?  Hang it on the wall...It will be just as useless to you tomorrow as it is today."  In my humble opinion (IMHO), He's very wise.

I hope you don't mind me repeating myself with the full use of the sentence + the jibber-jabber but I noticed your new to the sight and I'm still figuring out what all the jargon means. Hope it proves helpful to you.

TIA.

Sly

By The Way (BTW) TIA was supposed to be your line, in means "Thanks In Advance". I just figured that out yesterday.  It really threw me off because my brother dated a gal named Tia and I figured she must be getting around a lot. Laugh out loud! (LOL)
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 3:43:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the feedback on approximate price.  I didn't want to ask too much, but i didn't want to get screwed either.

I checked the mag FAQs (frequently asked questions), but they didn't have value assesed to each mag as prices fluctuate.

Thanks for taking time to answer.  Anyone else.

BTW, been on the net for over 10 years.  no need to spell out abbreviations.[;)]

Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:13:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks for the feedback on approximate price.  I didn't want to ask too much, but i didn't want to get screwed either.

I checked the mag FAQs (frequently asked questions), but they didn't have value assesed to each mag as prices fluctuate.

Thanks for taking time to answer.  Anyone else.

BTW, been on the net for over 10 years.  no need to spell out abbreviations.[;)]

View Quote

I-A-M-WMD pretty much summed it up. These arent the first 30rnd mags made by Colt, but rather the 3rd or 4th ones down the line. Still made in the late 60s or early 70s.

I'll second that it's worth around $30. Might be able to squeeze a bit more if you list it on GunBroker.com.

Thanks,

Cody @ Magazine Specialties
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 1:32:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 6:43:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Collectable, maybe.

Early Colt's 30 round magazines, as supplied for the XM177E2 (and maybe the E1) circa 1966-69 may be collectable, but they almost got me (and others) killed.  The followers will hang up inside the magazine body and stop feeding cartridges.  I still have a subconscious distust of 30 round M16 magazines despite the excellent record of the current design.

-- Chuck
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top