Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2003 9:38:28 AM EDT
There is a small Army/Navy surplus store a few towns over that has eight of them in stock. They are all in decent shape, though they could definitely use the Permasilk treatment. I'm thinking about heading over there and making them an offer on them, but they have them priced at $35.00ea

What is a fair price, or is this fair?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 9:43:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Way too high, IMHO.  Seems to me I just saw a box of seven NIB Adventurlines on the EE for $190 shipped.  That is just a hair over $27 each for brand new magazines, albeit manufactured around 1970.  Colt mags were typically made by Universal and are no better than any other.  Many here believe that the finish on Adventurlines is a bit heavier and holds up longer making for a better magazine.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the fast reply Fox! Any idea what I should offer for them?

I can remember twelve years ago going to this same store and wading through trash barrels filled to the top with used USGI 20 and 30 rounders. At the time 20 rounders were $4.00 and 30 rounders were $5.00.

If only I new then what I know now [:(] I bought dozens of them back then, but gave many away to my shooting buddies.

What's worse, as soon as a mag became unreliable I threw it away with no thought at all about rebuilding it [banghead]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 10:05:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I would not consider paying any more than $15 - $18 for them given that you stated they needed a Permasilk treatment.  If the shop will not deal then I would purchase them from someone in the EE where there are many reputable sellers.  You can see a bunch of pictures of Colts in varying conditions in the EE if you want to make a comparison for price and quality purposes.  For collectors a Colt may be worth some premium in new or like new condition, but for using mags they are not worth a penny more than Adventureline, Universal or Simmonds, IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 10:25:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I have bought 40each 20 rounders from EE in the last two months. I paid $10USD each. $400.00 total, shipping included.

Watch the boards, take your time and shop it out. This is the best price I have seen, but the most I will pay.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 12:48:18 AM EDT
[#5]
TRY STEVE AT 79TRANSAM ON THE EQUIPMENT EXCHANGE.  YOU'LL GET EXCELLENT MAGS AT A FAIR PRICE WITH GREAT SERVICE.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top