Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2003 4:21:58 PM EDT
Or am I putting away my money for nothing?

CRC
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 4:52:27 PM EDT
[#1]
IF the ban sunsets the only thing stopping you from getting one would be if someone refused to sale them to you. Nothing illegal about it and IF the ban sunsets you should be able to get whatever kind of "law enforcement magazines" you want.

BUT considering the history of how we've never really got back any of our gun rights I have my doubts that the ban will ever sunset.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 9:01:24 PM EDT
[#2]
considering the history of how we've never really got back any of our gun rights I have my doubts that the ban will ever sunset.
View Quote

Bad attitude (understandably so) and incorrect to boot. The AWB will INEVITABLY sunset with the ONLY possible obstical being some act of God which put AWBs on the table of congress as a top priority AND a that large majority signed on it BEFORE 9/04. The likelyhood of this is practically NIL. What WILL likely happen is that the AWB ban will start up after it sunsets. More dems take up seats in the house a few AW shootings happen and Viola, they're banned. The thing is all that will take time and 362 days is VERY likely not enough time. Therefore the ban WILL sunset and will LIKELY be picked up again at a later date. So WHEN it does take advantage of the freedom while you can.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 9:08:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Bad attitude (understandably so) and incorrect to boot. The AWB will INEVITABLY sunset with the ONLY possible obstical being some act of God which put AWBs on the table of congress as a top priority AND a that large majority signed on it BEFORE 9/04. The likelyhood of this is practically NIL. What WILL likely happen is that the AWB ban will start up after it sunsets. More dems take up seats in the house a few AW shootings happen and Viola, they're banned. The thing is all that will take time and 362 days is VERY likely not enough time. Therefore the ban WILL sunset and will LIKELY be picked up again at a later date. So WHEN it does take advantage of the freedom while you can.
View Quote

Yeah, I agree that if this ban isn't reauthorized before it goes away that a new one will come shortly. I don't think that it would take a congress with more democrats though to put a new one. All it'll take is some whacko shooting up a daycare or something with an AK-47 and then too much media coverage on it: then everything will be banned within a couple months regardless of who our politicians are. The media controls this country.

But anyways, let's say there is something like a 6 month window after the sunset before everything is banned again. I would guess everyone would be able to own all the pre '04 LEO mags they want after that or can they force everyone to turn in what was legal for six months?
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#4]
According to Knox in the SGN, Feinstein's best chance at getting her legislation through, is by attaching it to the budget for the Justice Dept.  That legislation must be approved by the end of Sept. so if it doesn't get in by then, we could very well be in the clear, maybe.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I sure hope they sell them to civilians- they're so badass looking.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top