Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2003 4:44:04 PM EDT
I understand that the 30rnd aluminum mags that are teflon coated are not mil-spec despite some places advertizing them as such. My question is--Is there anything phisically wrong/inferior about them verses "true" mil-spec?  What is bad/unreliable/etc about teflon coatings?  Other than potential false advertising, what makes them so bad?  they seem to work much better for me than my steel & orlite mags.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 5:13:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Teflon is BETTER than milspec. The only question was why are the Teflon mags in milspec type bags.

Link Posted: 9/13/2003 11:32:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 6:48:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I have seen a couple different revisions of the drawing numbre (the specs), both were from several years ago. Both ones specified the moly film finish, no others were specified. This was when I was working for a company that did a lot of government contracts, so they always got a lot of ducumentation with solicitations for bid.

If you want to see them all, every revison, just file a FOIA request. All I can tell you is that I have never seen a spec that allowed the manufacturer to choose much of anything, it is always very well laid out and very specific.

Every varied version of CLP I have seen had a different revison to the mil-spec number, for example the 2 I have in fromt of me appear to be a slightly different formula, but one is MIL-63460 while the other is MIL-63460C.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top