BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2003 8:11:35 AM EDT
They have them on their web page for $25:

http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/magazines/mg-0007.asp

I understand they are made by Western Metal, and that Western Metal magazines generally suck.

Oh, and I'm asking after the fact here. I already ordered a couple from Bushmaster. Maybe I should just return them straight up when I get them... but I wanted something more than this 10 round that I have. I have a bad habit of ordering things and then searching for info about them rather than the other way around! :(
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 10:28:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Western Metal is no better than USA magazines. They're about the same, quite possibly the same mags in different packaging.

Stick with USGI or Thermolds for reliablity. If it was me, I would just mark return to sender on the package without opening it. That way it will save you the return postage.

USGIs are going for around $20.00, and Thermolds are going for about $20 - $25.00, we've got them for $23.00 each. Check out the Equipment Exchange on this board for good deals on good mags.

Cody @ Magazine Specialties
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 6:21:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Is it possible to make the Bushmaster 40's better by putting in green followers or something?

I really want some 40 round mags.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 8:01:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, if you feel like experimenting, you can just try them.  But, keep in mind that they *should* strictly be kept as range-only play mags; for SHTF work, stick to USGIs.  Mostly, with non-USGI mags, I found that its iffy as far as function.  Some work, some don't.  I would say try it first.  If they work, ie feed correctly, drop free, don't jam, etc, then don't mess with it.  But if they don't feed, generally some time tweaking the feed lips should help, and if they don't drop free, then some tweaking with the body should help.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 8:05:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Ghost is right....keep them if you like tweaking.  My money buys USGI mags only.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 10:35:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They have them on their web page for $25:

http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/magazines/mg-0007.asp

I understand they are made by Western Metal, and that Western Metal magazines generally suck.

:(
View Quote

I think you have answered your own question. I hope yours will work for you but I have never heard of a single US-made non USGI magazine that was not an out and out piece of shit. Bushmaster makes great weapons, but the stuff they don't make doesn't give it a mark of quality because a quality manufacturer sells it. Best of luck.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top