Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2003 6:53:16 AM EDT
What is the deal with Orlite mags? Aside from being a polymer and not metal why are they so cheap? Do they not funtion well?

I was thinking of buying some for "fun days at the range" are they worth the $$$?

Also I was told or read somewhere that they do not function in Bushmasters? Is this true, or can thew be modified to work?

Thanks
The Cheat
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 9:49:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I have 12 or so and they all work fine!
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 11:46:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 1:32:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 6 or so and they work fine in my BM but will not even seat in my RRA. If they work in your paticular gun then great. They are perfectly fine for range mags, IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 4:38:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've got 6 Thermolds and 6 Orlites. Never had a problem with any of them.

However, I'd only consider them good for range mags. You put 3 in a mag puch, all 3 come out when you pull out 1 because of those ribbed edges.
View Quote

Sweeper,

Get a couple of the Israeli 2 mag pouches. no problems then[:D] Actually, I don't have a problem w/my GI thre mag pouches and Thermolds.  Maybe I got the stretched out ones at the Army/Navy store [:D]

PS: good to see you back on the board. Don't know if, as, and/or when I'll get to shoot w/you guys again. Moved up near the Tenn state line, and we have a GBI high power range at the work site.  Keep me advised of any shoots tho. never can tell when I might show up[:D]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top