Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2003 10:43:22 AM EDT
Just a note, I just got off the phone with an impactguns.com rep. They just aquired some new in sealed package Colt 30rnd Mags. He said they have the black followers and Colt stamp on floor plate. Mill spec finish. Of course they want premium price at $55 each.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 11:15:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
For $55, you can buy *2* NIW USGI mags, and that would probably cover shipping.

There is NOTHING special about a Colt stamp on the floorplate.

-Troy
View Quote

Troy, yeah I thought that sounded waaaay high. Who's got the USGI mags you speak of? Thanks for any info. --RR
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 12:48:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Not speaking for Troy (the guru as you can see etc) but check out these links:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=24&t=173549[/url]

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=7&f=24[/url]

I bought some Parsons USGI NIW previously, not from this link, for a little more than selling now, and am extremely happy with them. Also OK's are my faves.

Link Posted: 7/17/2003 2:57:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
For $55, you can buy *2* NIW USGI mags, and that would probably cover shipping.

There is NOTHING special about a Colt stamp on the floorplate.

-Troy
View Quote

Troy, people with more money than sense pay top dollar for Colt rifles with all kinds of non-standard, annoying, politically correct "features", so you know that those same people will be willing to pay extra for a mag with "Colt" stamped on the floorplate even if it was made by USA Mags. :)

*shrug*

Personally, I'd rather have a PWA or RRA rifle and whatever USGI mags I can find a deal on...
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 10:17:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Do you find that Colt fans get upset when you tell them that their genuine Colt mags are really made by Labelle or whoever is the current contractor?
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 6:31:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll agree that there is nothing special about the reliability of magazines with Colt trademark inscribed floorplates.  In my mind, however, the importance of Colt in the history of firearms manufacture makes these floorplates desirable, if not special.  I don't think I'm alone in this.  I know of nobody who'll trade Colt inscribed floorplates, 1 for 1, for other floorplates.

It's up to each individual to decided whether it's worth the dollar premium to own magazines with Colt floorplates.  It's no great feat to find Colt 30 rounders for $30 each... even less if one is willing to accept magazines with less than 90% finish.

Choosing to own Colt products (or any other reputable manufacturer's products) is not indicative of one's level of common sense or wealth or social status, etc.  It's simply a choice.  Price is not the only driver when making choices ....
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top