Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2003 6:05:46 AM EDT
i bought a bunch of green followers and of course ive never taken apart any of my mags before and of course i didnt try and ask how to do it.  sooo i proceeded to rip the floorplate out and bend the tabs right the f#@k off!!  i taped it back down with some duct tape but will this work??  or should i just trash the mag??

BTW i was much more careful on the second one and managed not to break it.  i stopped after that one though cause i was too pissed about the first one. i only have 8, er... 7 mags,so each one counts.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:18:55 AM EDT
[#1]
There are things you can do to keep the floorplates on...  I was decieved by a certain mag seller's website and bought a bunch of mags with holes drilled in floorplates and bodies with twisted wire holding them on...
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:22:39 AM EDT
[#2]
well, im hopefully going to the range today. ill find out then.  
ill just have to be sure nobody is looking when i bust out the duct tape ghetto mag.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:48:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I never have to bend the tabs on the bottom of the mag when changing followers.  I just take a small object like the tip of a cleaning rod and put it in the hole on the baseplate and pull it up a little bit then slide it off.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:53:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Read the last post.

A small screwdriver may help, also.  No need to bust the tabs off the floorplate.

Be gentle, Sir.

Please don't refer to my sig pic, when dealing with the fine art of disassembling mags....
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:07:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, I hope you have at least 2 tabs left?
A good tape job will work reliably enough for a range mag.

Wow, that sucks.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:16:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well, I hope you have at least 2 tabs left?
A good tape job will work reliably enough for a range mag.

Wow, that sucks.

~ s0ulzer0
View Quote

yeah, there's two tabs left, i just loaded it up and its holding up OK.  im thinking it will be OK now.  but your right,  i think ill stamp "range use only" on it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:45:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:38:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Try wiggling the follower left to right while pulling up on it dont bend the tabs they should stay as they are,just try wiggling them youll find your way.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top