Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/17/2003 8:34:39 PM EDT
Anybody had any experiences with the Bushmaster 40 round mags? I just ordered one and was curious to see if anybody had any good or bad tales to tell.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 12:11:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Most people trashed the shit out of 40 rounders in my post reading experience. If I recall correctly the brunt of the blame in the posts rested squarely on the poor quality USAs & other cheapos, but I suspect that there is more to it than that. Why else would they be so affordable?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:46:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:16:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Too late; he already bought one.

Oh well, you will now have some personal experience with crappy mags.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:22:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Send it back.  My Dad bought two and we just sent them back in exchange for LULA's.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:49:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one. Used it on one occasion. Poor quailty, fit is way too tight, etc.

Gil
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I was almost suckered into them, but thanks to you guys I bought some USGI mags instead. Thanks for the warnings guys.

Andy:)
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:04:28 PM EDT
[#8]
bushmasters 40 rounders are good. They are a little high price at $25.00 each, but at least you will get your mags if you order from bushmaster. No risk of someone riping you off.

They feed great I never had problem with them. The last round in the mag dosen't feed though, the follower locks the bolt open with the last round still in the mag. I look at it as telling me I have one last shot, then im F**Ked.

As with any steel mag they fit tight until they get used and worn. I just pop them in and out of a mag well a few times, so they are loose enough to slap in and out fast. You won't get them to drop free like USGI mags unless you mill or sand them.

They get a thumbs up in my book for great function and a relyable source of the same mags.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top