Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2003 1:40:59 AM EDT
What is the deal with some people and their hatred of the AR15's Mags? I've never had a problem with them since my 3 yrs+ owning the rifle. I primarly used the thermolds but I'm trying the USGI's and still no problems. So, again I ask what's up with the intense dislike of this feeding device?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:08:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never seen this hatred...

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:30:28 AM EDT
[#2]
the only hatred of mags i'm aware of are the dreaded USA mags. they are not mil-spec, but make decent paperweights.

most USGI mags work well in many AR's.

at least they do in mine.....
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:57:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Not really hatred but - some people use the mags as part of their LEO duties when carrying ARs, some have them as part of their emergency preparedness gear, some shoot a variety of competitions, and others for fun.  The first 3 categories need magazines that work reliably every time.  Worst case is they die.

The AW ban effectively dried up the supply of good quality higher capacity magazines for the civilian market.  So you have a growing demand for a shrinking supply.  People are holding on to theirs, some are wearing out, etc, ergo the price is rising.  Plus there are a lot of crummy mags out there.  Lots of folks are getting stuck with lousy mags.  Some can be repaired or refurbed.  Some were born bad and can only get worse.  

So people gripe about the situation, which helps make them feel a little better, cause the situation won't get much better.  Plus there are some post-ban mags out there being masqueraded as pre-ban.  Getting caught with those can get you in big trouble.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top