Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2003 10:02:39 AM EDT
I bought some of those grey british mags at a gun show--the steel ones that say "England" on the sticker.

Anyways, I went to the range to try them out this weekend.  One of the mags has problems.  It's tough to get the mag seated in the rifle, and when it is finally in there, when I let the bolt go forward to strip off the 1st round, the damn magazine falls right out of the rifle as the round is chambered!!!

Any ideas on how I can salvage the mag?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Hi Nick. It sounds to me like the mag isn't locking in, and you are pushing it in just a bit too far. Check the slot which engages the mag check. Compare it to the mags which work. A little judicious filing of the slot might be in order. Hope this helps.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top