Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2003 8:22:52 PM EDT
Just got five parson mags ,i notice (3)little metal pin holes, looks like there's little pins in the hole at the bottom , on the side near the floor plate. new to the 30's please help...
thanks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:49:32 PM EDT
[#1]
They could be just holes someone drilled out so water could drain out the mag easiler..

or they could be postbans with Parson floor plates and the date stamp drilled out.

Either way, as long as they are not dated/no date on them, they're legal.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 2:34:23 AM EDT
[#2]
It's on the mag body it's like the size of a pencile point, just the tip? there's 3 holes.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:57:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I just looked at the Parson mags that I have and they don't have any holes like you describe.  Either way, I can't see how they would effect the functionality.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:17:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I just looked at the Parson mags that I have and they don't have any holes like you describe.  Either way, I can't see how they would effect the functionality.
View Quote

THANK YOU!!! FOR YOUR TIME...
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 12:25:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 12:34:32 PM EDT
[#6]
These arent the Israeli re-builds with missing floor plate tabs and the pinned in plastic floor plate replacement are they?
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 1:11:28 PM EDT
[#7]
These are shiny NIW mags that Chris bought from me.    I don't quite understand what it is that he is referring to but I offered to replace them if there is a problem.  These mags came from an original factory sealed case.  I looked at 25 of them and they are all fine.  I'd be interested to see a picture.  Here's a link to the ad and accompanying picture.  Best regards, Dave

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=24&t=137697[/url]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:55:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
These are shiny NIW mags that Chris bought from me.    I don't quite understand what it is that he is referring too but I offered to replace them if there is a problem.  These mags came from an original factory sealed case.  I looked at 25 of them and they are all fine.  I'd be interested to see a picture.  Here's a link to the ad and accompanying picture.  Best regards, Dave

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=24&t=137697[/url]
View Quote

Dave,your a good guy to deal with,I have no problems with these mags at all ,they were shipped fast and in good shape .I just wanted to know what was up with the little holes.And if my $$$$$$ is right next week i'm want TWO more.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:03:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Im a fool ,not holes in the mags at all ,it's the finish on them i guess ,like little bubbles.
SORRY DAVE...
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Bubbles with little "holes" in the solid dry film lube are common.

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:43:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bubbles with little "holes" in the solid dry film lube are common.

Enjoy!
View Quote

Thanks tate.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top