Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2003 1:58:22 PM EDT
I have seen several post where some mags have black teflon. Is this any better than Perma-Silk? Where can you get the Black teflon paint from?   I just did several mags with Perma-Silk but I am instrested in doing some with a black finish.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#1]
From the [url=http://magfaq.tripod.com/]magfaq[/url]

[2-2-8] Labelle Industries
---------
La Belle is best known as the only manufacturer to have offered magazines finished in teflon (in place of the moly dry-film) from the factory. However, the majority of La Belle mags were for USGI contracts, and had the standard moly finish. In early 1994, just before the Crime Bill was passed, La Belle made several lots of mags finished in black or gray teflon for sale to civilians and LEOs. AR15 manufacturers Bushmaster and DPMS were the largest distributors of these mags, though several other companies also offered these teflon mags with their own floorplate stampings. Teflon La Belle mags are widely considered the best of the USGI 30-rounders. La Belle was bought by General Stamping in 1995. Made from late 1980s-mid 1990s. Floorplates stamped:
View Quote

I haven't seen any do it yourself finishes that are of the same quality as the original finish on these style mags.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top