Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2002 5:10:04 PM EDT
30 rd. Capacity, blued steel, Marked "brand new (preban)", @ $12.99 ea. Are Victor Mags POS???

The price makes me suspicious. My 1st concern is top/good quality & my 2nd concern is best value.

The other question I have is on "original SA-80/M-16 mags". these are 30 rd. as well and sport a phosphate finish, listing for $30 ($25 for orders of 5 or more). I have a feeling this is too high.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:21:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:24:40 PM EDT
[#2]
... Come on [b]Troy[/b], British "Sterling" mags are awesome. Expensive too, but steel is not synonymous with unreliable.

... Are we gonna see you in Casa Grande Saturday?
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 8:17:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I purchased some Victor mags some time ago.  They are better than USA mags, but their performance was marginal.  They definrtly are not the same as USA mags as some had suggested in the past, as USA mags won't fit in the mag well half the time and won't feed porperly the other half of the time.  The Victor mags I first bought were unmarked with black followers.  I saw some recently at a gunshow that had green GI followers and a paper label on the end that actually said Victor Corp. on them.  I purchased one for $16 and tried it out at the range.  It fit well and functioned flawlessly.  While I still only use any of these as range mags and save my USGI mags, I would certainly suggest buying a couple of these "newer" type Victor mags for use at the range.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:54:44 AM EDT
[#4]
You must have bought from the same guy at the Baton Rouge gunshow that I did.  He gave me 2 for $30.  They both function great.  I can't complain.  These mags function the same as my USGI mags.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top