Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2002 5:23:27 PM EDT
I seen some of these on Gunbroker and was wondering if they are quality or not...
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 10:07:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 12:21:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Cheaper than Dirt had some, and they were quite filthy, and well worn.  It was necessary to disassemble and SCRUB with a bottle brush and hot soapy water.  After this, they seemed smooth, though a few had cracked feelips.

Like Troy, I would use these ONLY for range use.

But before buying these, I would advise spending your money on USGI mags, any manufacturer except Cooper.

Even Coopers may be alright IF:

(1) the welds look OK.  Chisel down the price, and use them for the mag body and floorplate only.  Put in a new spring and green follower, and it will function OK.  

(2) All Coopers I have seen had weak springs, and would not feed the last 5 or 6 rounds.  The spring was so weak the follower could not actuate the bolt stop.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 2:42:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Try to buy on sight or roll dice on bulk. Some have cracked feed lips from age/heat. Good beater range mags overall for $10, much better off with used USGI for $15-20 IMO. And I like my $20 new Thermolds, so I am not anti plastic mag. Orlites are just often tired.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top